Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone used this Praktica to EOS adapter? Any Comments?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Anyone used this Praktica to EOS adapter? Any Comments? Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Does anyone use this Praktica to EOS adapter before?

Seller claims ...
This adapter allows to use Praktica B lenses (PRAKTICAR, CARL ZEISS, etc) with Canon EOS (EF) body (DIGITAL or FILM) in manual mode (You use focus/aperture rings and Your body meter and do right expousure). Works as any other adapter (for example very popular M42 to EOS; if You used any adapters in the past You won't have any problems with this one).
Allow to FOCUS INFINITY!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 50/1.4 Prakticar with an adapter from that seller, and I don't get infinity focus on my 30D. I think this is the same adapter that Koji had to mill out to get infinity focus.

I have a few other Prakitcars I can test next week, but I suspect that I'll get similar results.

-Z

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n6mod wrote:
I bought a 50/1.4 Prakticar with an adapter from that seller, and I don't get infinity focus on my 30D. I think this is the same adapter that Koji had to mill out to get infinity focus.

Thanks for the feedback ... his adapter is quite expensive (and if it cannot reach infinity). I will probably explore a few other alternatives first.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback ... his adapter is quite expensive (and if it cannot reach infinity). I will probably explore a few other alternatives first.

Please share what you find. I have a few nice Prakticars, and so far the best option I've seen is Koji's mount conversion. I've done this with the Italian Minolta kit, and been very happy with the results.

I know Yalçin was working on something, but I think Rollei QB was a higher priority for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have more information about the PB mount adapter later today.

By the way, what Rollei QB project is Yalçin working on? I know that there are already QBM to EOS adapters readily available.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
I will have more information about the PB mount adapter later today.

By the way, what Rollei QB project is Yalçin working on? I know that there are already QBM to EOS adapters readily available.

Rollei to EOS available from long time ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:

He's mentioned it a few times, but here's the best description I found:

http://forum.mflenses.com/project-afc-chipped-rollei-qbm-eos-adapter-t11037,highlight,rollei.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this post while away, check this>

http://forum.mflenses.com/pb-eos-adapter-pb-ef-adapter-t12569.html

That adapter can be used, but infinity focus is a bit questionable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
I missed this post while away, check this>
http://forum.mflenses.com/pb-eos-adapter-pb-ef-adapter-t12569.html
That adapter can be used, but infinity focus is a bit questionable.

infinity focus ... does this mean that the adapter is too thick?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its base metal is 0.1 ~ 0.15mm thicker than its ideal thickness.
I guess the producer is concerned about the strength of adapter might
be reduced.

EF-register is 44.0 mm
PB-register is 44.4 mm

So the base metal is to be only 0.4mm thick. Shocked