Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wollensak 135mm f4.5, converted to Nikon F mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Wollensak 135mm f4.5, converted to Nikon F mount Reply with quote

Hi all of my friends,

Just finished converted Wollensak 135mm f4.5 Enlarger lens to Nikon F mount. It can use infinity and focus from 1.5 metre to infinity.

How do you feel about the pictures? Only USM for website and resize.

Thank you for all comments. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

Very Happy

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Wollensak Enlarging Raptars 105mm/4.5 and 162/4.5. I've used them on bellows. I should get the 135 for the collection ! There were also 35, 50, 75, 90 190, 200 and 240mm in the enlarger series - goodness knows what they used the 240mm for !.

The results for the 135 seem familiar - this is at 4.5 ?

It should be reasonably sharp, but contrast is not too good. The bokeh is typical of enlarger lenses. I learned to look for high-contrast lighting for these types. You might also check the mounting for internal reflections, mine work better on bellows than a focusing tube.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I have the Wollensak Enlarging Raptars 105mm/4.5 and 162/4.5. I've used them on bellows. I should get the 135 for the collection ! There were also 35, 50, 75, 90 190, 200 and 240mm in the enlarger series - goodness knows what they used the 240mm for !.

The results for the 135 seem familiar - this is at 4.5 ?

It should be reasonably sharp, but contrast is not too good. The bokeh is typical of enlarger lenses. I learned to look for high-contrast lighting for these types. You might also check the mounting for internal reflections, mine work better on bellows than a focusing tube.

Thank you luisalegria for sharing.

I use at f4.5 that's right.

I like sharpness but contrast must be adapted in PS. Indeed, I like bokeh of this lens. I have some pics. that's not portrait. I'll post later. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great that people are recycling these wonderful old enlarger lenses. Even our film-loving friends tend to go via digital. There was a poignant thread about the dying world of printers in London, demonstrating how this art is disappearing. At least this way the lenses can live on.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's really beauty...

..That Yashica Laughing

One of my all time favourite lenses is my Wollensak Micro-raptar 4.5/50.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few enlarging Raptars and also Mikro-Raptars, but there are also Graphic Raptars (50, 90, 138mm) which seem to be quite unknwon - nice little lenses. All are Tessar designs btw.

Congrats to the shots KhanX, like it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khanx,

That's great recycle, hmmm let me dig out some of my 80's enl lens.

Love the shots especially the colour.

No doubt the Yashica is also part of your collection? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: At least one more Reply with quote

Quote:

Luis, You are forgetting the 127mm ƒ 4.5, of which I have a beautifull example, that I only used for enlarging sofar. One more to search for!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: no picture Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me why my uploaded picture is not visible? Preview worked. After this post it appears correct, without this it is not - at least for me!???

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@KhanX: The pics lack a bit of contrast, but this is no problem at all.

I am very interested in seeing your construction! Could you show us a pic?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be very interested to see the details of the conversion process too. i love the colors rendition of that enlarger lens btw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 135/4.5 Enlarging Velostigmat mounted in a bellows... the bellows is in Kalimar 660 mount, for which I have made an adapter to Pentacon Six, for which I have an adapter to EOS. I haven't been real excited about it for sharpness, but it focuses from infinity to wayupclose.

(it's 4th from the left in the back row in my avatar)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgerhill wrote:
I downloaded the KhanX jpg's and opened them in Photoshop and they are much more contrasty when thus viewed on my screen. My posted photos are always a bit washed out but I don't bother to overdo them just so they look OK on the site. I would guess that KhanX's originals have more contrast than they appear on the web.

Is that true KhanX?

Same result here, badgerhill.

However, I LIKE low contrast images; they always seem to have a lot of "realism" to them. And the bokeh here is phenomenal.