Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

75/1.5 Biotar, Luis A's Exa - K-mount and snow.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: 75/1.5 Biotar, Luis A's Exa - K-mount and snow. Reply with quote

Hello all. With much thanks to this forum, I confirmed my desire of the Zeiss Jena Biotar. The potential for its swirling bokeh combined with great IQ and a very unique phyisical appearance, finally drew me in.

Here with the Meyer-Gorlitz Trioplan

And with a SuperTak 50/1.4 after a little C & A (toothbrush and dishsoap Smile ) Some of you may also note the base of the lens is different in this shot from those above. More on that below.

Winter has been fairly cruel this year. A lot of very cold days, but finally my desire to shoot forced me outside.

Forum member Luis Alegria had an Exakta mount Biotar for which he devised an ingenious exa - k-mount adapter. Being also a k-mount guy myself, Luis passed along one of his creations which I've gratefully applied to my own Exa Biotar to be able to use it with my Pentax K20D.

(Picture taken by Luis)

To keep the final result non-destructive, an easy infinity adjustment process was undertaken (though the mount could be done without this step if a small hole was drilled). For more on this, I followed Luis detailed instructions -

http://forum.mflenses.com/adjusting-infinity-on-zeiss-biotar-75-1-5-t11692,highlight,biotar+adjustment.html

In the end, thanks to Luis and this forum, I'm now enjoying a great classic, which I hope to share a lot more work from Smile

Kelly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got one of finest lens , please keep in big respect! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens made me drool, Kelly. I am in the process of getting some collections for Carl Zeiss lenses as well Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works ! Great !

Nice Santa Claus figure. I have to try that with the OOF highlights.