Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

400mm f2.8 vs 40mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: 400mm f2.8 vs 40mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use either lens to bring the model to 'life'. I was thinking the 400 would be the best to create the illusion of a real truck, but then I looked at a picture I took many years ago with a Canon Powershot G3 of my friends incredible model motorcycles Yes, these are Revell plastic kits....
The G3 has a lens something like 8mm to 150mm with the optical zoom, I thought I'd taken the picture at max zoom, but I hadn't. The EXIF shows 1/250 • f/4.0 • 10.2 mm - it was super wide and one stop down
The bikes are no more than 4" high, they are placed on a concrete slab on to of a low garden wall, the trees are about 15 feet away, and I think the wide lens has maintained a realistic perspective of the models against the background.

It would be interesting to try this with the extreme range of lenses you've used

The metallic grey Hayabusa on the left is mine, it was a gift from a true friend Bill, one of life's good guys. He kept the blue one for himself.
They are both models, no more than 4 inches high and built by Bill, who takes a basic Revell kit and then modifies it, carves down the individual pieces like the footrests until the scale is right, paints them by hand - there's no transfers on these superb models - and customizes the finished bike.
He has talent like no other.
My Hayabusa is in a glass case, it's a very special thing to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, super models!! Like 1 Like 1 Like 1