Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A worthwhile move?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: A worthwhile move? Reply with quote

Went to visit a friend of mine today, and he donated the following lenses to me:

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 2.8/180 (zebra looking P6 mount with EOS adapter included) - to date the biggest lens I've seen from this era.
Carl Zeiss Tessar 1.4/50 MM (with C/Y => EOS adapter included)
Bellows with Industar 61 (I think it's a 61, it's in a box with M42 mount bellows)

All for the price of three pints - will pick them up on Monday. He's been using them for 3 years or so on video cameras with relevant adapters and has just decided to get rid of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice beginning of Year ! Congrats! All are very good lenses, 180mm Zebra especially good one!
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/sonnar/carl_zeiss_jena_sonnar_180mm_zebra/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/industar/industar-61-LZ_50mm_f2_8/

I think you got an 1.4/50mm Planar , many people can die for that lens Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible move, please forward them to me for proper disposal, thank you.

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the price of beer in Ireland must have gone up a lot? Those are all excellent

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice beginning of Year ! Congrats! All are very good lenses, 180mm Zebra especially good one!
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/sonnar/carl_zeiss_jena_sonnar_180mm_zebra/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/industar/industar-61-LZ_50mm_f2_8/

I think you got an 1.4/50mm Planar , many people can die for that lens Wink

Thanks Attila for the links...and yes, it's the Planar with the green f/16.

The mythical, mystical lens I've been moaning and groaning about as being my absolute dream but too too expensive for the past two months.

The Sonnar is about in line with my Hasselblad 4/150 or 4/180 in terms of weight, and certainly a bigger front-end...

The Industar just seemed like yet another Russian lens to add to the back of my collection.

I genuinely had no idea he was about to spring this lovely little surprise on me - if I had, I'd probably have stretched my budget to 4 or 5 pints!!!

Photos of (and from) these new acquisitions when I pick them up!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Terrible move, please forward them to me for proper disposal, thank you.

Laughing

Consider it done dude - I'll just use Alabama as a general catch-all in terms of address, shall I?! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Wow the price of beer in Ireland must have gone up a lot? Those are all excellent

Thank you sir.

Beer in Ireland is ALWAYS affordable...all this talk of the "Irish Recession" makes me thirsty Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
patrickh wrote:

Thank you sir.

Beer in Ireland is ALWAYS affordable...all this talk of the "Irish Recession" makes me thirsty Laughing

But not always available. I remember the day the guy in front of me in the queue drank Belfast airport dry (of Guinness, anyway, which apart from Old Bush Mills is the only stuff to drink when you are there).

That's a very good friend you've got there. I hope he's not waking up this morning thinking: "Oh, my God! My head! What did I do last night - I can't remember." Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! You were very lucky!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for the great gear. Very Happy