Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to adjust infinity focus on a Pentacon 200/4?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: How to adjust infinity focus on a Pentacon 200/4? Reply with quote

I've a pentacon auto 200/4, the six blades version. Taking some shots, two days ago, I noticed that it was impossible to focus to infinity: no problems with the adapter (all other M42 lenses focus properly).
Is there an easy way to fix it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it screw properly to the mount so that the upside is really up? If not - inspect the threads.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it was opened and not perfectly built again, if no problem with mount.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, boys.

Unfortunately, the lens is broken. Making a test, today, I felt a scratch while focusing. After, the lens focussed past infinity. I took it apart, and found a missing screw, two bended slides, a little disaster.
I'll try to repair it.
Fortunately, I have another 200, a Jupiter 21, and prefer this one.

One of the next purchases will b a 180, or something.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Attila's opinion is true. I have also Pentacon 4/200, but it focuses beyond infinity. Somebody had opened and not built up properly. I have turn one round plus or minus the whole lens group inside! I think.