Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FT + Canon FL 50mm f1,4 II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Canon FT + Canon FL 50mm f1,4 II Reply with quote

Sorry no samples, just wondering what is a good price for these if they are working, but lens has some hairline scratches from cleaning?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful camera, wonderful lens. In working condition, I'd drop $50.00 US without hesitation. I think I got mine for less.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Wonderful camera, wonderful lens. In working condition, I'd drop $50.00 US without hesitation. I think I got mine for less.

Thanks.
That seems like a very good price. What is the highest price that would still be considered good?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm selling some similar stuff if anybody's interested.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it from these replies that this is not a highly sought after lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FL's just aren't in demand like the newer FD's owing to age and evolved optical design. The 50/1.4ii is a gem of a lens though for anyone who has ever used it. Same optical design as its successor FD lens and because it didn't have the FD auto-aperture, it's much less likely to break down on you. Built like a tank and handles beautifully.

But older and believed to have inferior coatings, so it won't demand the same price as a comparable FD.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeec wrote:
The FL's just aren't in demand like the newer FD's owing to age and evolved optical design. The 50/1.4ii is a gem of a lens though for anyone who has ever used it. Same optical design as its successor FD lens and because it didn't have the FD auto-aperture, it's much less likely to break down on you. Built like a tank and handles beautifully.

But older and believed to have inferior coatings, so it won't demand the same price as a comparable FD.

Thank you for this information.