Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving . . . Reply with quote

Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving, and thankfully a statutory holiday Very Happy
The easiest explanation of why we celebrate it is . . .
Wikipedia wrote:
On January 31, 1957, the Canadian Parliament proclaimed:

“ A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed … to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October.[3]

If you want a more detailed explanation, etc . . .
[url] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada) [/url]

It is very much akin to the European Traditions of the Harvest festival. On this Sunday my Lutheran Church will be decorated with produce brought in by members of the congregation- it will also be the day I get together with my family for a turkey dinner.
On Saturday Lana and I will see if the autumn colours are still vibrant north of us - a picnic with an emphasis on photo ops Very Happy

Its on occasions like this we often get asked about things we are thankful for . . .
So let me say . . .
I am thankful for this community of people spread across our world sharing an open mind, creativity, and compassion for each other.
I am also thankful for this venue which resparked my photographic passion giving me a creative outlet and a place where I could make some excellent friends.

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all are thankful for your kind words and for having you as a colleague in this forum Wink

Enjoy your day!
(And please, show us the picnic pictures...)

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a great T'Day. Hope you and your family do the right thing and eat to excess together. Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have fun and bring us some pictures Jim !!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you Jim.
I hope you and all Canadians have a nice Holiday!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good wishes guys.

Hopefully I'll get many shots during our outing, whether its a true picnic or not Confused
I plan on packing multiple cameras with film - so I can try them out.

When the results join the scanning lineup, maybe they'll see posting before the snow falls Embarassed Rolling Eyes Wink

Jim