Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vega-3 lens CLA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: Vega-3 lens CLA Reply with quote

The little wonderful Vega-3 lens on my Zenit-5 is so stiff to focus that leaves painful marks on the fingers trying to focus it.
Does anyone know how to clean and lubricate the focusing of this lens? It is so stiff that one cannot focus it looking through the camera.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k. I have managed to solve the stiff focusing on that lens.
I have used a few drops at first of lighter fluid on the outer side of the lens barrel that moves when focusing back and forth. After realizing that no fluid makes its way to the aperture blades, I have repeatedly flushed lighter fluid there and by moving the focus ring back and forth, the old grease came out like green black.
The lighter fluid has dried, but the focusing now is smooth with a pleasant feel.
Now My Zenit 5 is fully functional!