Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How's Vivitar 20mm f3.8? (Updated with pics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: How's Vivitar 20mm f3.8? (Updated with pics) Reply with quote

I was struggling with wide angle on crop camera... And most of the available lenses are really expensive...
Today, finally, I bought vivitar 20mm f3.8 S/N:22-xxx..
But I am not able to find much... people are giving both ups and downs...
I paid $70 inc S&H.. will get in few days....
Any experience with this lens... any captures... comparison....
Thanks...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I got the lens.. huge, means really huge front element. I used that with my EOS-M42 adapter, worked fine... just some snapshots like...
(By clicking on the pictures, you can browse the bigger version)

This one is wide open

Only issue is, the front metal is little loose (which has filter thread). But that is not impacting any glass assembly. No loose element....

Now with Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.7 Planar C/Y mount. Just for color and other characteristics comparison (although totally different focal lengths)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: How's Vivitar 20mm f3.8? (Updated with pics) Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
I was struggling with wide angle on crop camera... And most of the available lenses are really expensive...
Thanks...

This is a good lens for C/P, I also have one

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case a good price for a 20mm lens. And the lens seems to be a good one!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are really lucky this is made by Kiron! You got a good lens for incredible low price! Congratulation! Can you do me a favorite ? Please give me 11 full size jpeg pictures taken with this lens and one from the lens itself. I would like to put into mflenses.com gallery. If you do please let me know I will give you an ftp access. Please also let me know what kind of name I show as author and where can I link back to you. Many thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a good lens. Of course you can't compare it with Contax but I guess it's a keeper.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You are really lucky this is made by Kiron! You got a good lens for incredible low price! Congratulation! Can you do me a favorite ? Please give me 11 full size jpeg pictures taken with this lens and one from the lens itself. I would like to put into mflenses.com gallery. If you do please let me know I will give you an ftp access. Please also let me know what kind of name I show as author and where can I link back to you. Many thanks in advance!

I have this thing in mind. I am not getting time to go out and capture (last one month was crazy). And even next week will be bad. I have these vivitar lenses, (will send the pics with all),
1) Vivitar 35mm f1.9
2) Vivitar 20mm f3.8 (Kiron made)
3) Vivitar 200mm f3.5 (Kimone made, scratched, but tak sharp but with bad CA)
4) Vivitar 35mm f2.8 (surprisingly sharp.. used only once.. optically in good shape, but physically really bad)
5) Vivitar 100mm f2.8.

The last 100mm f2.8 is average, rarely available. This is the lens,
M42 mount Vivitar 100mm f2.8

(I lost one Vivitar 24mm f2 bid, as I just bought this.. didnt have money for this month... that went for cheap $35 inc S&H)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Ballu!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: How's Vivitar 20mm f3.8? (Updated with pics) Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
Thanks...

Hi Ballu , be careful the light, please addon a hood.

BTW, this really a good lens for this prices