Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

25cm F4.5 Tele-Megor in Exakta Mount????
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: 25cm F4.5 Tele-Megor in Exakta Mount???? Reply with quote

This is a mystery to me but I'm sure someone here can explain it. I see lots of data on the 25cm f5.5 Telemegor (Tele-Megor) but can find NO information on the f4.5.
This lens is in Exakta mount though, fo some reason, it doesn't want to go on very willingly. I just got it today with some other stuff and would sort of like to knoow the story.
Thanks, Paul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reference I can find is in a brochure from 1961

This was lifted from a pdf of a collection of Meyer brochures I'd found on the web. I know nothing more and don't read German, so not even sure if there's any detail in the text.
Hope it helps Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a text about the virtue of tele lenses. Wink The 25cm/4.5 isn't even listed here: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Exakta_lenses#Meyer

It must be pretty rare.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange. Label font seems a bit dubious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size filters does it take? Allphotolenses says the 250/5.5 takes 82mm filters but that obviously cannot be right:

more like 55mm Edit: 58mm
from http://www.tontrennung.de/html/wissen/literatur/meyer_optik.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think You have very interesting lens. I have a book on serial numbers for Exakta lenses from Hartmut Thiele and the very first serials found there for Meyer are from 733XXX and 1936 when the kine-exakta was actually instroduced. All Telemegors are of the usual type f5.5/250 and the first serial for this lens is 750258 according to this book. There is another Meyer serial number book from the same author, which I doesn't have, possibly the lens may be found there.

The name ring on Your lens is also of the old style and may be atributted to 1930-32. So my assumption is that the lens was originally for a different camera and was adapted for exakta later.

Last edited by Max78 on Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max78 wrote:
I think You have very interesting lens. I have a book on serial numbers for Exakta lenses from Hartmut Thiele and the very first serials found there for Meyer are from 733XXX and 1936 when the kine-exakta was actually instroduced. All Telemegors are of the usual type f5.5/250 and the first serial for this lens ist 750258 according to this book. There is another Meyer serial number book from the same author, which I doesn't have, possibly the lens may be found there.

The name ring on Your lens is also of the old style and may be atributted to 1930-32. So my assumption is that the lens was originally for a different camera and was adapted for exakta later.

Thanks for this information. The lens came from the estate of an elderly photographer in Texas. There were other pieces, Leica and Contax, from the 30's as well as this lens. I don't have any illusions that the lens has great value but the history of these things is interesting to me.
The filter size is 82mm and a yellow filter and original hood are with it. The filter ring has the same type finish as the lens.

I appreciate all of the comments.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing information on this interesting lens!

Maybe you can contact Horst Neuhaus (photobutmore.de)?

He has quite a bit of information on Meyer / Exakta lenses on his website, including some unusual Meyer lenses which obviously were re-mounted in the 1930s to fit the Exakta (such as a Kino PLasmat 1.5/7.5cm or Plasmat 1.5/9cm): https://photobutmore.de/exakta/meyer/

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rybolt wrote:

Thanks for this information.

You are welcome. By the way the earliest Telemegor 5.5/25 cm listed in the book is made in 1935 for Exakta 4x6.5 and has S/N 693127. Production number of this lens was very low. Telemegor 15cm is listed from 1933 (596530).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have found one Ihagee catalogue in german from 1932 on www.ihagee.org where Your lens is possibly mentioned: http://www.ihagee.org/cat/IHGcat1932D.pdf

It may be used as the tele lens for Serien-Reflex or Klappreflex cameras (I've never seen such a camera).