Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Still Digging Up the Images - Pentax 645
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Still Digging Up the Images - Pentax 645 Reply with quote

This is a day of painting the family room walls, interrupted occasionally by scanning slides! Cool I just put the slide in the scanner, and then go paint for a while...not a bad way to spend a rainy day...

Nothing very fantastic about these, they are more for simply gaining a master copy for myself, so might as well make some "web images" with various crops and tweaks while I'm at it.

Twin Sisters Mountain is composed of Twin Sisters dunite, which is relatively rare on the surface of the Earth. It's an ultramafic rock that is mostly olivine. The rock originates deep in the mantle, and then it smashes up against the North American plate in a complex process when island arcs and ocean floor are accreted because of a subduction zone. And, of course, we have a very active subduction zone here, with the Juan de Fuca plate plunging under the continental plate. Shocked

Dunite felsenmeer and Yellow Spotflowers
Pentax 645
Pentax-A 45mm lens
Exposure Unrecorded

Frozen Staircase
Pentax 645
Pentax-A 45mm lens
Provia
f:16 and 1/125th

Although the fog coupled with the complex terrain slowed me to a crawl, it was still nice to see various effects from the swirling fog.

Fog Shadows on Ridge

Pentax 645
Pentax-A 80mm lens
Provia
f:5.6 and 1/60th

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of them WOW
and especially the first two!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I love all of them!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love all three!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I surely appreciate that you folks like these. Thanks for the complimentary words. And, of course, I also take note of images that might not appeal to you as well, as it gives me a perspective of the value of keeping the images or not. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! as Orio says, all 3 are keeper!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
wow! as Orio says, all 3 are keeper!

I agree.

The Frozen Staircase is outstanding.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wow! I love all of them!

Mee too!. I'm almost president of Larry's fans club Wink

Jes.