Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GPS and photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: GPS and photography Reply with quote

I am planning to write a software for photographers who would like to use GPS to track place where their pictures were taken.

I need to know do you like this idea or not. I would also know what kind of features would you like to see.Please send me your ideas about features in private message.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me! But you already know it Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you provide more details... in case if you can (I understand about the business and IPR aspects).
There are phone cameras which have these capabilities. Even the functionality available to port the the coordinates directly to online mapping services.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can add this info to your pictures in flickr, it would be a nice feature but I dont see it taking off what would be the process by which you add the info? would you have your gps and make a note of the lat and long then add the info to the picture later? it seems a bit awkward, would the info be added to the exif data? that might be useful.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice idea!
A good friend of mine already uses something like this:
Maybe you can check with an online-translator: http://www.look-ttl.de/wp/?p=130

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!