Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta md mount to eos? Vivitar lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Minolta md mount to eos? Vivitar lens Reply with quote

Question,
I am looking at a vivitar wide angle mounted on a Minolta SR 101 camera. I'm interested in the lens more than the camera. Since it is a Vivitar can the MD mount be removed and replaced with an EOS or M42 mount.
I have seen some adaptors for Minolta MD mount to EOS but they are expensive and appear to have a lens in the adaptor.
Any comments, advice, informartion? Is this worth the effort?
Thanks Confused

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta lenses can not be focused to infinity on an EOS camera unless you use an optical adapter (as you have already noticed).

Therefore their purchase it not adviseable unless you plan to use an old Minolta film camera.

Recent Minolta cameras are not compatible with the old Minolta manual lenses.

This, and the impossibility of using them at full on the most diffused digital camera mounts, is what makes the Minolta manual lenses so cheap to buy on the Ebay nowadays.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio. That's what I thought.
Thanks again Very Happy