Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piesker picon 135/3.5 ...first test images
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Piesker picon 135/3.5 ...first test images Reply with quote

I have just done some quick test shots in quite harsh mid morning light so don't read to much into these as technical shots.
This is the lens HERE
It is soft but has some good detail in the image.My first impression is I like it and I just have to work to get the best from it ie subject matter and different light situations..I do like the colors it produces.It does come with a short hood with an inbuilt glass filter...I did not use the hood for these images.

I did find it very hard to focus on anything,I mean to see the subject I was focusing on clearly with my eye while looking through the viewfinder.I used the K200Ds green conformation dot as a guide when focusing.

#2 The focus is on a leaf...Laughing

#3 The focus is on the red leaves/branch in the gap...the sun is above the frame in this image.

#4 The focus is meant to be on the front flowers,I included this shot as I liked the background.

#5 The focus is on the wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your experience with the Picon definitely parallel mine. I did essentially the same thing when using the K-x when trying to focus. I should try it on an M42 body and see if it is easier to focus with a split prism.

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare lens, congrats! Looks coating is weak, two click PP would be a nice lens.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Welcome to the forum. What serial number is your lens?

Attila,
I only did minimal post processing to these ,as the light was too bright this morning and I was fighting a losing battle with the PP. I will try it with the hood on and see if it makes a difference.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mo,

Thanks. I've been lurking for over a year and its time that I participate. Very Happy

The serial number of mine is 12016.

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lurked awhile before I joined...I hope to see some of your images.

Yours is a low serial as well, I wonder how many of these lens were produced?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrast appears very low. This may be one of the reasons why its difficult to focus properly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good hood is very important. Also look for haze on the surfaces by the diaphragm.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some more images in the afternoon light...with the Hood on. There is some haze on the glass in the very front element...I have yet to try and open that end,I did do a brief clean when the lens first arrived.

I made a conscious effort to get the focus right on these and I have cropped and boosted the contrast etc. I think you need to click on the images to get the best view. My cat model has disappeared so I could not get the portrait shot...Very Happy
#1 In the shade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens itself is a beautiful piece.
First and last photos might not in focus.
#2 and #3 in second series are nice.

what f-stop are you using? I am thinking you might stepping down one or two to increase contrast and sharpness (for most lenses but not always)

Regarding PP,
Try to adjust -0.33 or -0.25 in exposure, increase fill light, increase black level - that even out a bit the harsh light.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am mainly trying to use the stops between F8-3.5...I am also trying to use/work out the lenses preset ring, but I may be accidentally turning the wrong ring....therefore changing the actual f stop.

I will take some images tomorrow and record the F stops used as I tend to forget exactly which F stop is used when it comes to posting these up.Thanks for the PP tips.I have posted another set up of the cat in another thread HERE