Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Picked up a much maligned 2nd Gen Nikkor 43-86 Zoom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Picked up a much maligned 2nd Gen Nikkor 43-86 Zoom Reply with quote

Was buying a 300mm from a gentleman that also had this. Such a physically beautiful thing...but people really slag them.
More of a curiosity than anything for me because on the adapter for my Nex its a strange range.

All reviewers say it is soft but early messing around would suggest not. Bokeh is strange though.

Excuse the subjects.

Such a cool looking lens

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

43-83mm or 43-86mm ? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the little know 43-83 Smile

Miss type, yes 86!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwood wrote:
the little know 43-83 Smile

Miss type, yes 86!

So, I changed the topic title. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree; from using both (late s/n) samples I happen to own, I always had the opinion that this lens didn't deserve the criticism it has received.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moosehead Lager, don't see that every day on MFLenses!

You from New Brunswick?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had both the 1st and the 2nd versions of this lens. The 1st version was pretty bad (not the worst lens *ever* as some may say, but probably the very worst Nikkor, or even the worst OEM lens ever made). The 2nd version was not that bad. Mediocre, yes. Terrible, no. Worse than today's cheap 18-55 kit lenses, yes, but still better than some (very old) third-party zooms.