Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

lens liberation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: lens liberation Reply with quote

Rescued this little baby from endless torture and pain.
tongue cut off, so she's not even able to give me it's name.....

whatever,
Anyone recognize her? whereon have i wasted another 2,5 euro's?
all i know: m42, f/1.4 and (around) 50mm, front metal is removed, glass is complete and (except for some scratches) full functioning.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The focus ring looks a bit like one version of the (in)famous Tomioka 1.4/55. I think the Chinon copy looks like that.

Anyway, the € 2.50 were surely not wasted. Even if the lens is total §%&#, you have set her free. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porst 1.4 possible to make by tomioka or yashica labelled

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. indeed found some Tomioka and Chinon pics with identical look.

Hope the scratches will not affect my pics too much...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the scratches will make to much of a difference...maybe in intense sunlight. I wonder if you measure the outside edge (the exposed chrome section) if you can get a push-on hood to mount on at all times. Might be an idea.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkleywegt wrote:
Thanks. indeed found some Tomioka and Chinon pics with identical look.

Hope the scratches will not affect my pics too much...

Will not .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a Tomioka 55mm f1.4 with leatherette featured on several "-non" names except not Yashinon.

Then it looks like some sort of accessory lens for close-up work, screwed into a reducing bushing which must be itself screwed into filter threads. Actually I don't see how the front element would allow for that accessory to fit. It could be a prototype or limited edition for contract for some machine use. I bought a Zeiss like that with no mount method at all, just a smooth tube on the rear.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cogratulations on your Tomioka

This one is a Chinon or Revuenon/Porst as others have suggested.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with many, it looks like Chinon made (I mean actually Tomioka). Shocked

That scratch at the rear element may affect the outcome for
shiny objects, it might have more light rays. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a bit of scratches on the front element. I hope it won't affect
your ability to use it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. here we have a tomioka. I guess we'll never know which brand name it has been sold under.
i think i'll pimp it up a little with themoleman's lens hood idea. and use it for those high risk situations where my more expensive lenses might work on my nerves.

First test shot does not seem to be influenced by the scratches, but will depend on light i guess. I'm very happy with the lens!

I bought on a local flea market. As i bought some others.

One is a like new PENTOR 400/6.3 ... m42.
Pentor seems to be a (budget) brand name very common in The Netherlands and Belgium only, but nowhere else.
Does anyone knows who has manufactured these Pentor lenses? might be also these lenses came up under lot's of different names.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the focusing ring on 50-55mm Tomiokas made from leather, or is it just some imitation of leather?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the Revuenon 1,4/55 . I have it and also a chinon copy which is quite different .