Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FAQ of Equipment Reviews forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: FAQ of Equipment Reviews forum Reply with quote

This forum, previously the "Equipment Tests" forum, is now readdressed to host all equipment reviews.
Please post Equipment tests in the relevant forum (i.e. lens tests in lens forum, scanner tests in accessories forum etc)

What do we mean as review and how a review should be made:

here's a few things to keep in mind:

- reviews are something more elaborated that "I love it" or "it sucks" Wink

- reviews should be unbiased, not a fan zine.

- reviews should try to be complete. For instance, if you review a lens, you should report about not only how good or bad the images are, but also how does it interact with the camera, how is the focusing, how it does close up as compared to distance shots, how it renders humans skin colours, or landscape colours, how it does with flare, if it has aberrations, how it does architecture and if there's any distortion, etc.

In a nutshell, please post a review only when you can make a fairly wide report of an object. For simpler considerations, like " I like the colours of this lens", the other forums are the appropriate place.

A final note: as Carsten's effort has proved, our reviews can and WILL be linked from important companies' web sites. So this place will be visited also be companies and such. Therefore, it is important to try to be compliant to the guidelines above. Thank you!

-