Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some shots with my 1937 Welta Weltini (with S-K Xenon 2/50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Some shots with my 1937 Welta Weltini (with S-K Xenon 2/50) Reply with quote

I got the first Fuji Reala roll (Sunny Sixteen under varying conditions) from the lab, 6" x 9" prints and 6 Mp "Pro" scans. The scans are a bit noisy and there are JPEG artifacts, but they are good enough for the prints, which look just fine. Here are five sample pics, down-sampled to 900 px wide, no P-P:

The first shot was taken on a cloudy day:

An uncoated Gauss design lens cannot avoid flare but here it doesn't matter too much - my eyes did flare, too:

Here is a 100% crop from a 3087 x 2048 FF frame which shows that the Xenon certainly is sharp enough, and the final resolution is quite obviously limited by the miserable scanning and JPEG artifacts:

Another crop:

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both very nice Veijo, your samples and the city (Tallinn?)
From the first image it is possible to guess that the lens resolves much detail.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh such a pleasure to see you town thrue this old gem.
It looks like it will be a nice one for B+W especially with nice rendering and lowish contrast.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love 3 and 4, wonderful results!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous pics, I've wondered about the Weltinis, I have a Retina with a similar S-K lens and love it.

I like the light bloom aka flare with these old lenses, I know it's not modern taste, but there you have it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, Veijo!
Not so much flare, you did control it very well. Nice colours. Good sharpness. I like them!

Jes.