Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some advices...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Some advices... Reply with quote

http://blog.magnumphotos.com/2008/11/wear_good_shoes_advice_to_young_photographers.html

PS. I hope everyone is doing fine on the forum, and outside. Unfortunately I didn't had time not even to read this entirely Sad Sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article Cosmin,
The following two replies to the second question resonated with me . . .
Quote:
Alex Webb
. . .
What advice would you give young photographers?
Photograph because you love doing it, because you absolutely have to do it, because the chief reward is going to be the process of doing it. Other rewards -- recognition, financial remuneration -- come to so few and are so fleeting. And even if you are somewhat successful, there will almost inevitably be stretches of time when you will be ignored, have little income, or -- often -- both. Certainly there are many other easier ways to make a living in this society. Take photography on as a passion, not a career.

» Alex Webb's Magnum Portfolio

Quote:
Trent Parke
. . .
What advice would you give young photographers?
To photograph what is closest to you and the things that you enjoy and have an interest in. Make the whole process as fun and least difficult as possible.

» Trent Parke's Magnum Portfolio

The other interesting thing I noticed that was repeated was the concept of
proficiency (getting the basics/technique/ etc. down pat ) I find this refreshing as it seems that when the camera makers advertise the new gear they seem to be promoting expertise without the need for proficiency.

Jim