Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50mm f/4 Super-Macro-Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: 50mm f/4 Super-Macro-Takumar Reply with quote

I was given this lens by a good friend recently and these are my only test shots so far. I kind of like this lens but it's hard to focus being a f/4.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe harder to focus but what a nice crisp picture!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, great captures, and focus looks damn fine to me!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, very very nice!

With a digital camera without focus aids, yes, I'd figure focus is difficult, it is fiddly to begin with at macro distances. But you done well!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely. And very good sharpness. Good focusng Smile

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh perfect!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Agree, great captures, and focus looks damn fine to me!

Harder to focus, not bad focus. F4 is harder to focus because of less light through the view finder than an F1.4...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow !! that's amazing quality!

tf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Yeah being f4 is taking some getting used to when focusing in low light for sure. I do have a split screen with microprism which makes it a little easier but man I wish it was at least 2.8 Laughing

I love how sharp and smooth this lens is. If you have a chance to buy one, go for it. From my understanding there is another model that has a built in tube sort of like built in extension tubes.