Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Value of lens with hair inside. Tamron 80-210
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Value of lens with hair inside. Tamron 80-210 Reply with quote

Hi.

I got a Tamron 80-210mm lens (03A, not 103A) for the adapter it came with recently.

Now inside the lens, right behind the rear element, there is an actual hair!

it's loose, and when you tap the lens, you can actually move it too the side.

I tried opening up the lens, but the system is so complex I closed it again (after 4 tries, messed up 3 times) and decided not to go any further.

Does anyone have any idea what I could sell this lens (without adapter) for?

I got it for only 10GPB, and I'd like to get half of that back...do you think that's possible?

apart from the hair, the glass is fine

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of lens with hair inside. Tamron 80-210 Reply with quote

TDN wrote:
Hi.
I got it for only 10GPB, and I'd like to get half of that back...do you think that's possible?
Tom

Yes you can surely get 5 GBP for a lens with a hair inside, just be very clear in the ad so people can not say they did not know it.
But... can't you just return the lens to the seller and get your 10 GBP back?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of lens with hair inside. Tamron 80-210 Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
TDN wrote:
Hi.
Tom

Yes you can surely get 5 GBP for a lens with a hair inside, just be very clear in the ad so people can not say they did not know it.
But... can't you just return the lens to the seller and get your 10 GBP back?

Well, no, because the seller did not state that the lens was working...he sold it as an "antique" item. + I already modified the mount (see thread in "equipment repairs")

But I'll try to sell this one...curious of how much I'll still get for it Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how big is the hair? could you tap it so that it is out of frame? As you say the tamroms take complexity of internals to new heights I still have an SP 300 which has me foxed and I daren't go any further! Stick it back on the Bay for a pound and you may make back more than you spent!