Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 90/3.5 Came In
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Voigtlander 90/3.5 Came In Reply with quote

The Voigtlander 90 arrived in the mail about an hour ago. What a beauty of a lens! The seller was pearsonvinyl on eBay, and he is awesome with communication and very honest. And...FAST!

The Bessa R2 system is definitely not going to be a "hiking outfit" as it's not brawny enough to take the knocking around. I'll leave that space for the future G2 kit.

However, it's going to be a keeper, as the quality of the materials and the workmanship, especially in the APO Lanthar 90/3.5 lens, is really good. If the other lenses turn out to be this well made, then I think this system will be a winner for light use around "civilization" and for street shooting or day hiking.

Here are some crappy shots - getting dark and I had to pump up the ISO to the point of grainy 800, which doesn't work very well on the Minolta A-1. Even at that, I handheld these at about 1/8th of a second with Anti-Shake enabled. I just didn't want to fool around with tripod and better lighting...the dark, rainy day here makes me lazy... Shocked

But at least you get the idea of the nice lens. I also received a bonus B+W UV/Haze filter.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for these real beauties! I look forward your samples taken with this combo.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats for this beauty!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence

Congrats - I have this lens in the nikon mount (manufactured by Cosina). Built like the proverbial and a marvellous piece of glass - sharp, contrasty, saturated colours, the works. Can't wit to see what you do with it

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Larry. Patrick's samples with the reflex version of this lens are astounding (you can see them on the mflenses gallery).