Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HASSY 500C + Zeiss misc + scan. HP 4850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: HASSY 500C + Zeiss misc + scan. HP 4850 Reply with quote

Hi there..

I was impatient and tried to scan my 6x6 rolls to scan on cheap scanner HP 4850 - which is only for slides Sad

So I scanned all pictures 3 x and then put them together in Photoshop ..

Adjusted in LightRoom...

3 lenses used with Hasselblad 500c : Sonnar 4/150, Distagon 4/50 and Planar 2.8/80...

http://photo.homer.sk/mf_lenses_gallery/000_hassy_001/index.html

There is also a detail of picture number 7 --- where you can read the text and the smallest text says:

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY PLEASE ....

nice day

tf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Church shot is really amazing to me!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo wrote:
The Church shot is really amazing to me!

thanks Rodrigo --

that's the cathedral in Salisbury -- the tallest cathedral of England --
the tower is 123 m high...

tf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you are find each other Hassy and Trifox great couple! Congrats for this excellent series!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Seems you are find each other Hassy and Trifox great couple! Congrats for this excellent series!

Yes Attila - -thanks..
I like this camera a lot -- that was a reason to sell Canon 30 D and couple of my things but -- we'll see ...

tf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody said if you ever seen a good large slide you won't make photos on any other media. This is true for me too Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Trifox! superb samples, you got the top and you already master it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Somebody said if you ever seen a good large slide you won't make photos on any other media. This is true for me too Wink

It's so true! Detail in a MF slide can still beat the resolution of the most expensive DSLR. And colors and tonal variations are so much more natural in film...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those are really nice. I used to shoot slides with my Bronica S.
The Hassy 500 is a classic.
Again great captures. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF these are all fantastic.
The church is a stunner with fine detail and perfect exposure.
My favorite is the two "Girls" on the bench.
That is a once ina life time capture. The expressions and body language are just nutz Surprised
You should get a model release from them. That is a shot that a stock company would buy for sure Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Attila wrote:

It's so true! Detail in a MF slide can still beat the resolution of the most expensive DSLR. And colors and tonal variations are so much more natural in film...

thanks for your comments

@ Attila -- yes! when you look through the prism of medium format camera that's a picture!
The world around you looks better and 3D effect is fantastic Smile -- and its really hard to come back to 35 SLR
Well, you can not achieve all on medium format cameras but --- something is magic on this format!

@ Alessandro -- yes, the scale of resolution is much bigger and looks more natural.
Tonal range is unbelievable -- especially on good media (it was FUJI Provia 100 F) --- with good scanner (which I haven't got yet)

I would add:
the square shape is more natural to human eye rather than rectangular (like 35 mm, etc.)
-- diffraction on medium format is not big issue...

and yes Carl Zeiss again --- its a magic lens factory..

tf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
TF these are all fantastic.
The church is a stunner with fine detail and perfect exposure.
My favorite is the two "Girls" on the bench.
That is a once ina life time capture. The expressions and body language are just nutz Surprised
You should get a model release from them. That is a shot that a stock company would buy for sure Cool

thanks Andy --- the 'girl' on the right was laughing at me why I chose her and the lady on left --she propably didn't know about me at all Smile

But when I saw this on the screen -- I immediately released the shutter ...

Well, the cathedral in Salibury -- that's my subject to achieve..

thanks..

tf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive performance (both equipment and photographer).

Salisbury is a nice town, and the cathedral is really good for viewing, not being crammed in between other buildings.