Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 macro lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 macro lens Reply with quote

Probably the sharpest lens I own. Bought new on Ebay for $249 dollars and is the most expensive lens I've bought so far. My Bigma was a Gift.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Ed, this is a great lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spent money for a great lens! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Lester A Dine macro was a gift from my Father-in-Law when he retired from Dentistry, practicing that is...He helps other Dentists buy & sell their practices now ( & I asked him to keep an eye open for me on any photo gear being sold).....Anyway, all of the different versions are great lenses!...Enjoy !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
Congratulations Ed, this is a great lens.

Thank you Voytek. Trader Jim on Ebay was offering these from a camera store that went out of business. I got the last one he was offering.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Well spent money for a great lens! Congrats!

Thank you Attila. I agree.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
My Lester A Dine macro was a gift from my Father-in-Law when he retired from Dentistry, practicing that is...He helps other Dentists buy & sell their practices now ( & I asked him to keep an eye open for me on any photo gear being sold).....Anyway, all of the different versions are great lenses!...Enjoy !

Thanks Scott. These and the 90mm and the Lester A. Dine's are starting to go way up in price as they become scarce.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been lucky to get my Dine, my Komine made 90mm Vivitar macro & my Komine made 135mm Komine made close focus for reasonable prices...Bargains are harder to come by anymore ( I did just get a Super Takumar 55mm F1.8 for $10 yesterday though)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very fine lens - I have it and love it. Decent price and well worth it

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
I've been lucky to get my Dine, my Komine made 90mm Vivitar macro & my Komine made 135mm Komine made close focus for reasonable prices...Bargains are harder to come by anymore ( I did just get a Super Takumar 55mm F1.8 for $10 yesterday though)

I've got a 55mm f/1.8 as well Scott. Very sharp little lens. I just need to use it more. Going to have to set up a rotation so all the lens I have get used on a regular basis. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
That is a very fine lens - I have it and love it. Decent price and well worth it

patrickh

When I first bought it I thought it was too high priced, but it has proven worth every penny.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not only a handsome lense to look at, but it takes great pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Its not only a handsome lense to look at, but it takes great pictures.

Thank you very much for that Ron.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I got this lens in the mail today. But the distance scale seems to be completely off. I paid $330 w/ shipping for it. It's a good amount of my salary and I want to keep the lens but the distance scale thing is a little bothersome. Does anybody know if it is easy to fix?

T