Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which Agfa to buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Which Agfa to buy Reply with quote

I find very cheaps cam agfa (6x6, 6x9 35mm).

Which is good purchase? Which lens?

In this way I will know which is the cam to buy. Thanks.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isolette II or III (better, with coupled rangefinder) with Solinar lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If folder , mostly they have trouble with below.

http://certo6.com/cameras.html

This guy is expert on this area, ask him in mail for advice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best quality for money would be a late (i.e. without depth-of-field calculator on the left knob) Isolette III with Solinar - Solinar Isolette IIIs can frequently be picked up for less than 30 Euro on ebay. Don't hesitate to bid on ones stated to have a stuck, lens or rangefinder - these are a bit cheaper, and indeed no worse, as the supposedly good ones are inevitably stuck as well. Late Isolettes usually have a good bellow, so that you may get around with only a CLA and maybe a few minor patches on the bellow to revive them.

In my experience, many old cameras with leaf shutter will have a internally warped and destroyed shutter - often, somebody in the past tried to "repair" the camera by forcing the stuck shutter. As shutters from a large number of cheap non-rangefinder (I,II,V) Isolettes can be used as a drop-in replacement, that is a rather uncritical damage in the case of the Isolette III in particular.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEVO, ATTILA, AG

Thanks, very much. As always, some guys will be there for help.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

35mm agfa cameras : Karat 36 with xenon 2/50 schneider or solagon 2/50 agfa .An authentic marvel...
and a stunning compact with an excellent rangefinder/viewfinder: Optima 1535 Sensor.