Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Mount ID #2 - Tamron 28/2.8 Yashica 50/1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Lens Mount ID #2 - Tamron 28/2.8 Yashica 50/1.7 Reply with quote

I have just bought these two lenses on ebay.

Firstly the Tamron has been listed as needing a Tamron to EOS adapter.

I can source one of these without trouble, however the Yashica I'm not sure on.

I have read a few sources on the net that indicate it is the same mount as the Tamron... Any truth in this? The listing only says 'Screw Mount Yashinon 50/1.7 Yashica Lens' so I'm unsure.

Firstly the Tamron lens

The Yashica lens

If you guys aren't sure, when I receive the items I will post up some pictures of my own that should be more helpful Razz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashinon should be m42 afaik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please show us mount side !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yashica looks like a Yashinon-DS from about 1975

Its certainly an M42, but like many later M42 lenses, it has no A/M switch. I think that it may be very similar (almost the same design, and even the same maker, the Tomioka factory) as the Mamiya SX 55/1.8. It may even be the same as the earlier Yashinon-DX and all the many similar lenses that came from Tomioka for Ricoh, Chinon, etc. Bill (member casualcollector) had a nice investigation of that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump, but regarding the tamron guys, I'm unsure what mount this one is?

If needed I will post a picture of it when I receive the lens, just wanted to order the adapter as soon as I could Razz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received two lenses in the mail today!

Firstly my Vivitar 24/2.8 (Question here, the dust cap on the back doesn't seem to twist off easily - I can't get the bloody thing off, is there a trick to this :/ ?) It's a Nikon lens?

I also have the Tamron lens now Smile

Here's a pic of the mount. Tamron to EOS?