Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 135mm + Fuji S3 Pro = Doesn´t work?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Soligor 135mm + Fuji S3 Pro = Doesn´t work?! Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I´ve been reading this forum for some time now but this is only my second post.

I bought a Fuji S3 Pro some time ago and recently found a Soligor 135mm/2,8 on y flea market.
The seller assured, that it´s Nikon mount. So, I bought it for 18€ and thought was eager to get home and try it out on my S3.

Once home, I pulled out the lens of my bag and tried to attach it on the S3 Pro.

First Problem, the lens would not fully attach to the camera (I don´t know the correct term in English...)
I can attach it, but if I don´t pay attention when focussing, the lens gets loose and "detaches".
Weird thing is though, that I also bought an old Nikon 1.4 Konverter the same day and the lens fits perfectly on that konverter, but not on the S3 Pro Sad

Second problem, the lens will not focus infinetly. This might be due to the fact, that the lens is not fully attached?

Here are two pics of the lens:

Another pic:

Top is the Nikon 1.4 converter. On the right side is a Soligor 28mm/2.8, which has the same problem as the 135mm Soligor.
Below is the 135mm Soligor.

I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Metriod

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the problem is the slot which engages the locking pin on the camera. A quick look at 3 of my lenses, 2 Russian and a Tokina, reveals slots which are open up to the edge of the lens. I have another Russian where the slot is edged by a collar. This seems to be the situation with your two Soligors. The Russian lens does lock but it requires just a little care to make sure that the camera locking pin is sitting in the slot and not pushed up against the collar.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sichko, guess you are right.

Seymore,
how do I tell if a lens is pre-AI or not?
"If the black outer rim on the lens base is solid all around the lens (no meter coupling ridge) you know it definitely is a Non-AI lens. Nomenclature on the lens may help also. If the lens designation contains a letter or two letters, it denotes the number of elements"
I don´t really understand this Confused

Thanks alot for the warning.
Fortunately it seems like the trigger still is ok, even though I used the Soligor quite often since I bought it.

Can you suggest good/cheap lens at ~135mm and 2.8 or faster?
I really liked the Soligor 135mm, very sharp in my oppinion.

The 28mm is very soft and shows lots of CA but the 135 was becoming my favourite lens, even though it would not fully attach and not focus ininetly Sad

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metriod wrote:
Thanks sichko, guess you are right.

Can you suggest good/cheap lens at ~135mm and 2.8 or faster?
I really liked the Soligor 135mm, very sharp in my oppinion.

The 28mm is very soft and shows lots of CA but the 135 was becoming my favourite lens, even though it would not fully attach and not focus ininetly Sad

Thanks.

AI'd Nikkor-Q 135/2.8's crop up regularly on ebay for under £30, and the later AI ones often go for under £50. Both are excellent choices.