Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kaleinar 100/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Kaleinar 100/2.8 Reply with quote

Having suggested this lens a couple of times recently, I thought I should "put my money". Here is a reference shot with a Pancolar 50/1.8 on the Canon 40D:

Next three shots with the Kaleinar 100/2.8 on a Nikon D70

Personally I think the Kaleinar acquits itself very nicely as a "budget" lens, offering very good value.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly Kaleinar is a very good deal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, K is a very good lens!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one for a while and was impressed. Not up to the 105/2.5 Nikkor but a strrong challenger agaist the 100/2.8 E series

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look a nice lens!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard:
Rumour has it that the kaleinar was modeled after the nikon 100/2.8E. I can only detect small differences between them, except for build, where the kaleinar is built like a tank.

poilu:
Not the best possible, but a really fine example of the value for money we often look for. Mine came from Attila - to whom I owe a lot of thanks.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the pics. I'm impressed with Bokeh. when you say budget lens exactly what do you mean? How cheap is cheap?

I may want to look into this very lens. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~ 50 USD , problem is not very common.