Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New toy...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: New toy... Reply with quote

I've been trading, swapping and acquiring some cameras recently. The most exciting one was this nice CHINON Cm-4S body that Peter was so kind of sending me... The Ideal backup body for the K10D. Very light and useable with most of my Pentax lenses,... Since it may work without a battery, it's the perfect backup for me...
Now it wears the Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens. Almost finishing the first test roll, we're getting along very well togheter.
Thanks, Peter!.

More later Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May you have many happy and productive times together. Smile

On a similar subject I have an isolette lined up for a bellows transplant very soon. The donor is ready. Wink More soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Jes
It is a good looking camera and that M 1.7/50 is a great lens.
It is the only lens that I have used on my MX for the last 5 years (ok only maybe 10 rolls Embarassed ).

Laughing

It is a super little lens Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice one, Jes!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Jes! I admire camera without batteries, pure mechanic!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
May you have many happy and productive times together. Smile

On a similar subject I have an isolette lined up for a bellows transplant very soon. The donor is ready. Wink More soon.

Thanks!. I also got a Fuji body that is ready for a shutter trigger trasplant, and also a couple of Agfas pending of a lens swap... Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Congrats Jes
It is a good looking camera and that M 1.7/50 is a great lens.
It is the only lens that I have used on my MX for the last 5 years (ok only maybe 10 rolls Embarassed ).

Laughing

It is a super little lens Very Happy

Thanks, Andy!. I love the light weigth of the ensemble. The lens is superb. Since I use to walk by the beach, I wanted a small and well protected body camera resistant to the environment. This one shows very little uncovered metalic parts, so I feel secure when bringing it next to the sea.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrats Jes! I admire camera without batteries, pure mechanic!

tThanks, Poilu. Me too. This one has a lightmeter that is powered by batteries, but I can work without it. Since I always bring the Gossen meter with me, I'm always double protected...

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Looks like a nice one, Jes!

It is, Bill!

It has gotten a permanent place in my backpack, along with the laptop and the Caplio...

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Jes ! Yes, that lens is great .

BTW how it compares this Chinon to your Pentax P30 ? (how fits in your hand, how well the controls are placed, how good is the viewfinder and the readings, etc.) Thank you.

It has an electronic variant, the CE-4 (Av + M modes, DOF preview button, shutter indications in the viewfinder, 1/2000 and aperture indication in the viewfinder for the CE-4s model).

You have here manuals and a review of its electronic mate http://forum.mflenses.com/japanese-lenses-and-cameras-t7157.html#59301

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Congratulations, Jes ! Yes, that lens is great .

BTW how it compares this Chinon to your Pentax P30 ? (how fits in your hand, how well the controls are placed, how good is the viewfinder and the readings, etc.) Thank you.

It has an electronic variant, the CE-4 (Av + M modes, DOF preview button, shutter indications in the viewfinder, 1/2000 and aperture indication in the viewfinder for the CE-4s model).

You have here manuals and a review of its electronic mate http://forum.mflenses.com/japanese-lenses-and-cameras-t7157.html#59301

Hi Cosmin, thanks for the pointer!.
I like more the Chinon than the P30t because the lighter weight and the abiity to shot without a battery. The P30t is a more sophisticated camera, with ISO autodetection for the film (contacts in the film chamber), etc, and cannot work without a battery. The P30t also haves a Av mode that is very confortable to use, and can take benefit of the modern lenses. But I like the full manual control of the Chinon. The viewfinders are similar, I'll do a more precise comparison when I get back home.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great camera!
I own 3 Chinon's (Only 2 function). I use them occasionally and their great, easy to use cameras. Plus some nice Pentax glass can be used such as the lens you have attached to your Chinon.