Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 GS - Some more shots (b&w)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 GS - Some more shots (b&w) Reply with quote

Hi!

I just love this cam. Even more so now that I have seen the results with my fav film Kodak BW400CN. I picked them up yesterday.
(Whole set at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucispictor-photo/sets/72157606979416568/)

Marburg (some of them in rather difficult light):

My dad

A little toning with PS CS.

Impressions from my school building (assembly hall):

Last edited by LucisPictor on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, they are excellent.

If I can do haft as good using film, I will be happy.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive! superb result at 400 asa
I like all the series in your school
but my favorites are the first 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb Carsten! I recognise one or two of these locations I think Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice portrait of your dad! I am not at all good in making portrait shoots.....will try harder....
Gerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result!
I'm not a huge fan of these C-41 dye films but these scans look pretty nice
As for the photographer Wow Carsten you are pretty handy with a Rangefinder
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your kind words, gentlemen.

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Great result!
Very Happy

Actually, I think that esp. in this case it is only partly the photographer. At least for the same part it is the film, the lab and the cam.
I love this film, also because my local lab is very good with it (better than with colour negs or even medium format, with MF they suck!). But with this Kodak C-41 film they really work some magic.

And this cam is just great! Andy, I really, really thank you!
With no other of my rangefinders the focus snaps in so well. The Oly 35RC or the Hi-Matic E are very nice, but the Electro 35 just feels fantastic. I am sure that this is the main reason why I was really satisfied with about 12 of the 36 shots in this roll (which is quite a nice outcome).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, Carsten. I'm impressed with this camera altogether now. I like the tonal rendtion of the C-41 black and white films and have done ever since Ilford XP-1. Of course, the major thing about XP was the effective ability to have many films in one, depending on what you wanted. I ran much XP at half or twice its rated speed and never had any lab trouble - apart from some colour cast prints, but the negs always came out fine.
One thing I never tried was to change the speed of the film as I used it - it was supposed to be ok and I've no reason to think it wouldn't - after all, in effect that's what I was doing anyway, because the lab didn't know what speed I'd shot each roll at.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and congratualtions for the picture the camera and also the film.

By the way has the Yashica 35 Electro (or any version of it) an indication of the automaticly selected shutter speed ?

Carsten, how much costs a film roll like that (Kodak 400) ? Here they have it for a very short period of time (but under a different name) http://f64.ro/det.php?id=460&pid=6637 .

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally pay about € 3,50 for one roll (36).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series. Looks like you are having great fun with this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Thanks very much for your kind words, gentlemen.

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Great result!
Very Happy

Actually, I think that esp. in this case it is only partly the photographer. At least for the same part it is the film, the lab and the cam.
I love this film, also because my local lab is very good with it (better than with colour negs or even medium format, with MF they suck!). But with this Kodak C-41 film they really work some magic.

I'm use chromogenic too, but Ilford XP2 super. I'm not very happy with the pics, It seem to me not be very good for scanner - or my lab is bad-.

Do you recomend that change to kodak C-41 B&W film?

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to make a comparison one which tried both can tell you that. But also Fuji makes such a film: FujiFilm Neopan 400CN . http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/film/films/blackwhite_neopan400cn.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a lab that is good woth colour prints, I really can recommend the Kodak film.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results Carsten. This camera is a keeper!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received my copy.
I have to say, sadly, I am not much impressed in this first moment.

- I have found out that the shutter is electronic. This means no photos if batteries exhausted. Big bummer. I was not aware of this.

- size/weight: it's a much bulkier and heavier camera than my Canonet. For the purpose of this camera (vacations, occasions where you don't want to carry good photo equipment) I would have preferred it lighter and smaller

- impossible to take manual exposure: unless I am missing something, the camera is limited to automatic exposure mode.

I hope that the photo quality will make it worth it. So far, I have to say that the Canonet is a much better camera, feature-wise.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I have just received my copy.
I have to say, sadly, I am not much impressed in this first moment.

- I have found out that the shutter is electronic. This means no photos if batteries exhausted. Big bummer. I was not aware of this.

- size/weight: it's a much bulkier and heavier camera than my Canonet. For the purpose of this camera (vacations, occasions where you don't want to carry good photo equipment) I would have preferred it lighter and smaller

- impossible to take manual exposure: unless I am missing something, the camera is limited to automatic exposure mode.

I hope that the photo quality will make it worth it. So far, I have to say that the Canonet is a much better camera, feature-wise.

Well, usually cameras with aperture priority are electronic cameras and do not work without batteries (maybe some shutter speeds only, X and B for example).
I think the major plus of the Electro is its lens and maybe its viewfinder/RF (I'm note sure in this last case because I never had one but saw the results from you).
Yes, it is a big camera (150mm wide vs. ~135mm a Pentax M series SLR , the ME Super even 131mm).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, for great snaps with an excellent lens I use the Electro 35 (and I just love how it feels).
For full manual control I use my FED-3b (I have no choice there anyway. Wink).