Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 1.7/50 on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 1.7/50 on NEX-3 Reply with quote

Hi folks

I already have a mint 1.8/50 Hexanon but I got a bargain job lot of Konica that included the 1.7/50. It's larger than the 1.8 and looks like an earlier design although they are quite similar in appearance. The 1.8/50 is a great lens, razor sharp so i have high hopes for this 1.7 as it's said to be better.

Seems like a cracking lens to me, going to test it further today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Results Ian one of the best Konicas IMHO,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sky is a sharpness killer when the lens is prone to flare.

But the constrast is good. And the resolution power was affected.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good Results !

+1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was one of the worst days for photography, no light, very dull and grey, this lens deserves better conditions for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done, I have to look 10 times at these boats and water flowing out for low tide. Very Happy
I feel I am there!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bruce, it is a lovely spot, just need to shoot it again in good sunlight.

I try to get the feeling of immersion with these panoramas so I am pleased you get the feeling of being there, that is my goal with this type of work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ian , bad time for photo ,in your area, with that overcast , here's the same . Did you PP ? was it RAW converted or JPEG straight from the cam (in this case , what settings did you used?) ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, bad day indeed. Lots of PP in terms of exposure correction and contrast.brightness, also increased vibrance. Shot in RAW.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Yes, bad day indeed. Lots of PP in terms of exposure correction and contrast.brightness, also increased vibrance. Shot in RAW.

Thank you .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the exposures a bit wrong and the images looked very flat so extensive PP was needed. I much prefer to keep PP to a minium if possible but living here we so often have bad light to work with so it's inevitable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I got the exposures a bit wrong and the images looked very flat so extensive PP was needed. I much prefer to keep PP to a minium if possible but living here we so often have bad light to work with so it's inevitable.

Yes, I know what you say , I had also this problem ...If you allow me a suggestion , try to keep out the sky from the frame on such a light .Not easy ,that means shooting closer subjects . Then , PP ,if needed ,does a better job.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip!