Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 1.7/50 on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 1.7/50 on NEX-3 Reply with quote

Hi folks

I already have a mint 1.8/50 Hexanon but I got a bargain job lot of Konica that included the 1.7/50. It's larger than the 1.8 and looks like an earlier design although they are quite similar in appearance. The 1.8/50 is a great lens, razor sharp so i have high hopes for this 1.7 as it's said to be better.

Seems like a cracking lens to me, going to test it further today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Results Ian one of the best Konicas IMHO,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sky is a sharpness killer when the lens is prone to flare.

But the constrast is good. And the resolution power was affected.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good Results !

+1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was one of the worst days for photography, no light, very dull and grey, this lens deserves better conditions for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done, I have to look 10 times at these boats and water flowing out for low tide. Very Happy
I feel I am there!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bruce, it is a lovely spot, just need to shoot it again in good sunlight.

I try to get the feeling of immersion with these panoramas so I am pleased you get the feeling of being there, that is my goal with this type of work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ian , bad time for photo ,in your area, with that overcast , here's the same . Did you PP ? was it RAW converted or JPEG straight from the cam (in this case , what settings did you used?) ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, bad day indeed. Lots of PP in terms of exposure correction and contrast.brightness, also increased vibrance. Shot in RAW.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Yes, bad day indeed. Lots of PP in terms of exposure correction and contrast.brightness, also increased vibrance. Shot in RAW.

Thank you .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the exposures a bit wrong and the images looked very flat so extensive PP was needed. I much prefer to keep PP to a minium if possible but living here we so often have bad light to work with so it's inevitable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I got the exposures a bit wrong and the images looked very flat so extensive PP was needed. I much prefer to keep PP to a minium if possible but living here we so often have bad light to work with so it's inevitable.

Yes, I know what you say , I had also this problem ...If you allow me a suggestion , try to keep out the sky from the frame on such a light .Not easy ,that means shooting closer subjects . Then , PP ,if needed ,does a better job.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip!