Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Michael's Sonnar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Michael's Sonnar Reply with quote

Arrived here in just two days (from Northern Germany! Must be a new record), I could mount Michael's Sonnar quickly on the 5D for a first photograph. The size was a surprise - this Rollei lens is much smaller than the Contax lenses - but as far as image quality goes, no surprises there. The excellent sharpness already wide open, the well controlled contrast and the soulful bokeh prove what I was expecting to find, that is, a first class optic:

The above shot is wide open, 400ISO (in complete shade)
Note the IQ: image clear from centre to corners, negligible vignetting (virtually absent).

The aperture ring is probably missing one of those ball bearings as Michael already guessed (right, in my opinion). I think I'll have it fixed at the first occasion, when I will have to take another lens to servicing.

So thanks Michael! I'll take care of your baby.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on this fantastic acquisition, Orio!
I guess it is some kind of consolation for Michael that "his" lens is in your hands now!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Congratulations on this fantastic acquisition, Orio!
I guess it is some kind of consolation for Michael that "his" lens is in your hands now!

And I am happy to have it, too, and that it's not ended in an unknown place. Smile
it seems to be a not-so-common lens (most Zeiss lenses for Rollei are in ROllei bayonet mount). So it's nice to still have it within our group, and see its pictures in the future.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's in good hands. Wonder what Yvi would say if she sees this picture, one of her favourite plants shot with this lens. Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to have a red flaring problem, please note upper left. I prefer
to think this, rather than thinking our Orio is visting an area we euphemize
in the states as the "red light district." Laughing

Nice pic from a nice lens! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
It seems to have a red flaring problem, please note upper left. I prefer
to think this, rather than thinking our Orio is visting an area we euphemize
in the states as the "red light district." Laughing
Bill

LOL that is a Geranium Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael is right. It's really hard to see this pictures.... Only the knowledge, that you got this lens can relieve my pain. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yvonne wrote:
Michael is right. It's really hard to see this pictures.... Only the knowledge, that you got this lens can relieve my pain. Crying or Very sad

Yvonne, whenever you want it back, I will resell it to you. Consider mine some kind of rent! I don't want to see you sad.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Yvonne, whenever you want it back, I will resell it to you. Consider mine some kind of rent! I don't want to see you sad.

Don't worry. It's very simple..... Michael has to find another one for a reasonable price next time... Very Happy

Enjoy the lens and show us the magnificent results... Wink