Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First shots with the Weltblick 135/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: First shots with the Weltblick 135/3.5 Reply with quote

This is a very compact lens that I got recently form Carsten (Thanks, Carsten it was in an excellent optical status!).

I went on the morning to the weekly date with my son's basquet match. Not the best place to test such a slow lens, but as usual I had to rush when getting out home, and I picked what it was more at hand: The Canon 350D with the DVD Technilke M42 focus confirm adapter and the Weltblick.

To be able of getting speeds of over 1/125, I've been forced to raise the ISO to 1600 and keep the lens wide open (as usual), due to the low lighting conditions at the basket court.

#1 Initial jump

#2 Basket

#3 Outside, bokeh test

#4 Red vs green colour test

#5 Blue sky test

For the weigth and size it's a nice 135mm lens to carry over for long walks.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting name !

Could you post a picture of this lens ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested in getting one of these lenses. Here's a couple pics of the lens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Jes, look a good lens even wide open

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Interesting name !

Could you post a picture of this lens ?

Of course, Luis!.

Here you have:

It's the same lens than the Sands Hunter that I also own, being that one T2 mount instead of M42.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is the Sands Hunter:

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! This is the Weltblick as I remember it! Great captures.
It is a very fine lens, isn't it? And, as you write, so compact.
You can bring a 135mm lens without realising that you have got a tele in your pocket. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola Jesito !

It looks like a Tamron Model 860

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/olm135f3_5.htm

I just bought one in the Soligor brand. It has the "T" for Tamron (or Taisei Kogaku) serial number, so I think Weltblick and Sands Hunter, like Soligor, were merchants trademarks.

I love these old things ! And so cheap too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis

You are quite right about the badging. They were merchants in Germany and the UK respectively

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Luis and Patrick for the info!.

I feel better having a Tamron... well, having two Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Hola Jesito !

It looks like a Tamron Model 860

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/olm135f3_5.htm

I just bought one in the Soligor brand. It has the "T" for Tamron (or Taisei Kogaku) serial number, so I think Weltblick and Sands Hunter, like Soligor, were merchants trademarks.

I love these old things ! And so cheap too.

Luis, how do you find these great information about these old lenses. That's a Japanese site, right?
Do you think you can find such a page about a Hanimex 4/100 (so, a Tamron 4/100) ??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 4/100 Hanimex ?

I think I just got one of those ! Actually a "Palinar" (UK dealers brand?) Its a very tiny lens. But I have seen these as Hanimex.

The one I just got looks a lot like an old Tokina. I was hoping it was a Fujita, but no, it looks like it belongs in the same family as my 135/3.5, 200/4.5 and 300/5.5's that I'm sure are by Tokina.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the Japanese site is linked off the absolute best lens collectors page on the Internet - Tamron only though -

http://www.adaptall-2.com/

This site has almost everything you could want to know about Tamron.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
A 4/100 Hanimex ?

I think I just got one of those ! Actually a "Palinar" (UK dealers brand?) Its a very tiny lens. But I have seen these as Hanimex.

The one I just got looks a lot like an old Tokina. I was hoping it was a Fujita, but no, it looks like it belongs in the same family as my 135/3.5, 200/4.5 and 300/5.5's that I'm sure are by Tokina.

Yes, it's very tiny:

But it's not bad at all.

I could not find anything about this lens in the net. Sad

Thanks for that adaptall-2 link, I know this one. Wink