Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TMX on Mamiya RB67
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: TMX on Mamiya RB67 Reply with quote

Here is a sort of "first" larger image in black and white, using TMX320 @ASA 64.

Also, first shot with the 50mm Mamiya-Sekor wide angle lens (cropped a bit, but still pretty wide).

Looks like I have blown the whites a bit, but that's a good learning experience for metering.

Scanned at a low resolution, and it shows!

Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice b&w sample
Quote:
Looks like I have blown the whites a bit, but that's a good learning experience for metering.

I was ready to flame then I read your comment, but I will flame anyway Rolling Eyes
I am not convinced by your arguments,
the white blown on the door & American flag are problem of the lens you didn't close enough
and the border are bad again from low performance of the lens and not from low resolution scan
I feel better now Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice b&w sample
Quote:

I was ready to flame then I read your comment, but I will flame anyway Rolling Eyes
I am not convinced by your arguments,
the white blown on the door & American flag are problem of the lens you didn't close enough
and the border are bad again from low performance of the lens and not from low resolution scan
I feel better now Embarassed

I know I didn't close the lens enough, which is why I said it's a good learning experience for metering. Smile

However, I think you are correct on the second statement - the lens is crappy on the borders, I'm afraid.

But poilu, you gotta cut me some slack! Cool I didn't even have a meter with me...how's that for a good excuse? Haha!

Seriously I appreciate your comments, that's how I learn.