Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor C 300mm F5,6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Mamiya Sekor C 300mm F5,6 Reply with quote

Hi!

My new lens arrived. It´s a 300mm Mamiya Sekor C F5,6 for Mamiya 645.

It is a beautiful lens, incredibly well built, great condition, only the focus ring needs some fresh grease I think.

It is a bit difficult to focus on the D50.

This is my first shot with it:

ISO200, F5,6 ("wide" open)

And another one at nearest focus point:

ISO200, F5,6

Please tell me what you think!

Regards,

Benedikt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No opinions about it? I don´t have much experience with 300mm lenses, usually I prefer the range between 20 and 85mm.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenediktW wrote:
No opinions about it? I don´t have much experience with 300mm lenses, usually I prefer the range between 20 and 85mm.

From your resized pictures, it looks very good. However, almost any lens will look good on Web-size images. Can you post a couple of 100% crops?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You´re right, this way one can only judge the overall appearance, e.g. colour, bokeh and so on.

The problem here is indeed this little shaking caused by the camera´s shutter, just because the lens weight causes problems with my tripod head.

Here you can see the problem in 1:1 pixel size:

Regards

Benedikt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenediktW wrote:
You´re right, this way one can only judge the overall appearance, e.g. colour, bokeh and so on.

The problem here is indeed this little shaking caused by the camera´s shutter, just because the lens weight causes problems with my tripod head.

I don't see much of a problem - the lens seems to have good potential. I don't see much CA either, which is good; apparent lack of sharpness in the first pic seems to be camera shake. I think you'll need to take this lens out in better lighting conditions - 300mm and f/5.6 require more sunlight to be used successfully. Having said that, Mamiya is known for some very nice glass, and 300/5.6 is not too challenging to design, so my guess is they did it right.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the absence of CA is something I really like about Mamiya. The pictures all look very natural in a certain way.

They are different than my Nikkors, more silky and glossy. Hard to describe.
And I like the bokeh very much, you can see a bit of it in the picture with the screw.