Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Good, bad or the underestimated lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Good, bad or the underestimated lens? Reply with quote

Tamron SP Adaptall2 3.5/17 model 51B.
I really don't know how to rated this lens. I have Flektogons 2.4/35 and 4.0/20. I don't think that Tamron is much worse then Flektogons. All photos below were taken with Tamron @3.5
What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is unreal. I love it!
I can not comment on the lens based on these.
It looks like an average 3rd party UW.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the "better" lenses are so close that it makes minimal difference, especially when looking at these fine images "alone" without a direct comparison.

The skill of the photographer seems to me to be a bigger "cause" of good imagery, rather than sharpness, color, bokeh, accutance, microcontrast, etc. In this case, the images are VERY interesting on their own composition, so I naturally give the Tamron a "good grade".

I frankly love your consistency of skill and the interesting threads you put out, Voytek. Your "eye" for some of the previous semi-macro shots of faucets, decorations, etc. in the home interior, is a special element that you possess.

I think that that skill brings a LOT of lenses closer together in overall feel.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens seems (for what is possible to read at this enlargement level) to deliver very good detail, as in the Tamron tradition.

However, I see quite noticeable barrel distortion in the pictures. Some people do not mind about it. I personally value geometrical rendering more important than detail in superwide lenses. Therefore, I personally prefer the Fleks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the barrel distortion too. Nice pictures though.