Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kenlock Auto S 135mm f/2.8 (M42)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Kenlock Auto S 135mm f/2.8 (M42) Reply with quote

I also made some test shots with another great optic, viz. the wildly exotic Kenlock Auto S 135mm f/2.8 Laughing Based on today's experience, I think the lens can give reasonably OK results up to f/8. If you go higher, CA becomes apparent in 1:1 magnifications.

The lens that I tested was optically sound, the front cap was missing, but it came with a leather case (original?). I bought it together with the Auto Tamron 135mm f/2.8 and a Takumar 28mm f/3.5.

Manufacturer: Kenlock
Model: ?
Focal length: 135mm
Aperture range: f/2.8-22
Filter size: 58mm ?
Weight: 377g
Length at infinity (M42 mount): 86mm
Lens hood: ?
Minimal focus distance: 1.8m (6ft)
Serial tested lens: 397228

Suggestions for future reviews always welcome. If you like to buy this lens, it's 18 euro incl. P&P within EU (that is 9 euro for the P&P and 9 euro for the lens).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks made by same maker than my Prakticar 24mm f2.8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, compare this lens to the Revuenon 2.8/135 that you got from me. They really look alike: typical 1980s style.

If the Kenlock is as good a lens as the Revuenon, you will really enjoy this 135.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revuenon is unique from noname door stops
REvuenon is a fine lens others are "door stops" Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a door stop! This is a Kenlock!!!! Evil or Very Mad Even made in Japan!

It's pretty easy to find Kenlock lenses on the Benelux lens market, I don't know for the rest of world. Up to f/8, I think this lens doesn't do a bad job (nor a specially good one). If you need a door stop, I send you my Super Eyemik.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha Smile KenLock = DoorLock ... Razz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Praktica 24mm f2.8 came from this maker that lens also a door stop or hand grenade Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid it doesn't fit an M-203 Launcher . Better try with a j-11 first version .... Mr. Green This lens looks like an half-dozen lenses in my possession : japanese zenitar 135mm, chinon 135mm , petri 135mm, cosinon , goyo optical , albinar , etc ... same "hardware" ... They are not so bad , i would say " so-so" . Same formula : Triplet with a two elements rear "expander".
There is an interesting test to realize : remove this rear group from one of these lenses and you'll get a authentic triplet , dont forget to screw it on helical or fixed extension tube (30-40mm or shorter is enough) ....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it my imagination? I think the Kenlock lens looks sharper than the Tamron (at least in the images you have shown). Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are low quality lenses so what is sharper doesn't matter. Old Tamrons are low quality lenses like other "noname" lenses. What Helios said that is true in 99% you can make pictures only one times with them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Kenlock lens is similar to any other screw mount Japanese made 135mm f2.8 lens.
I bought 2-3 different lenses during my initial months of Manual Focussing day, but all are now changed to mount for either VPK lenses or large format lenses.. by taking all the glasses out...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Silly question... Reply with quote

I have a few questions about the test shots posted by the op.

1. Why did you use 400 film?
2. Why didnt you use the same suject and distances for every tested lens?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked