Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Change of the Light
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Change of the Light Reply with quote

The unusual light, with hazy sunshine on the meadow and slope, and fog over the ridge, added to the mystery of this fine little meadow This area was full of alpine off-trail roaming, and was a joy to travel.

These aren't "beauty" images; rather, they are to show the terrain where I spent the 8 days without any human company! Shocked Cool

Beyond the ridge is another similar basin, and behind that ridge another, and behind that ridge.....on and on.

Quiet and serene. Even the bear seems very serene, intent on grazing blueberries...

This shot is with Velvia. I had changed the film to Provia prior to the next shot. Not only a difference in light, but a difference in tones, per the film types.

Peaceful Bear
Mamiya RB67
Sekor 65mm lens
f:11 and 1/60th
Velvia 100F

Nightfall in Bear Meadow
Mamiya RB67
Sekor 65mm lens
f:11 and 1/15th
Provia 100F
Same area, totally different light! The fog above was thinning enough to bring up the blue sky above, even though dusk was approaching. In turn, this gave the meadow a beautiful wet saturation that was pleasing to my eyes, and soothing for my brain.

The Coltsfoot in the foreground was really lighting up to an intense green! I am actually happy that I had changed to Provia, as Velvia would have been over the top.

The air was so pure and fresh, and later on the fog disappeared to reveal the Milky Way in full glory. I watched shooting stars until midnight or so...the only sounds were the whispers of the wind, and the gurgling and popping sounds of the rills.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting comparison, Larry.
I prefer the second shot, I think mostly because of the fog that adds perfectly to the somehow eerie atmosphere. The dead trunk in the foreground enhances the feeling of loneliness.

On the side, I also prefer the cooler colours of the Provia.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Interesting comparison, Larry.
I prefer the second shot, I think mostly because of the fog that adds perfectly to the somehow eerie atmosphere. The dead trunk in the foreground enhances the feeling of loneliness.

On the side, I also prefer the cooler colours of the Provia.

I agree Orio...and I'm glad that you also prefer the coolness of Provia. In my mind, it shows PLENTY of the saturated greens. The blue tones are right on the money, and the "blue fog" is just like I saw it.

The changes in this meadow over just an hour were amazing...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure...

Although second one is eye catching and shows the depth to me....

But the first one creates a view of "vastness"... vastness of rich western landscape... esp the animal (I think that is bison) made the shot...

But I am ready to die to capture other shot too... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are my favorit.
Everything is perfect, eyes, brain, camera, film, and the scanner.