Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canonet QLIII 17
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Canonet QLIII 17 Reply with quote

I have an announcement to make. Yesterday I picked up from the postal office the Canonet 17 which came from Bill, for which I thank him also publicly Smile
The camera is perfect , small and full metal and still light, at least for me and of course, very quiet. Now I have to expose my 2-3 last frames in the Ricoh and go with the Canonet.
Focusing is a bit different but it's a matter of adaptation time. Now I have only to buy some developer and fixer to start the show . I'va also bit a set of 15 rolls of Kodak B&W films. I'll say if I'll be successful.
Thank you very much Bill.

PS. The package contained also a very nice Konica TC kit and two films. I hope just to not serach now after Hexanon lenses... ups I already saw a 28mm f:3.5 one Confused ... man ... I must abstain myself.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congatulations! I have this camera and for me is the best P&S. You can use it automatic or manual at your own will. It is fast, wide (40mm), and the shutter click is almost unaudible in public places.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see your results with either camera, Cosmin! Did I remember
to include the cap and hood to the Canonet? Trying to remember, I think I
did, but if I didn't, will look for them. Glad the package arrived safely! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation! This is very nice from you Bill to pass away a such great cam like this. I believe Cosmin in the future can't use other cameras in street photography (because he will love quality output)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone.

Yes, Bill, the hood is here too. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montecarlo, I don't know the rendition of the cam, but it seem to me that you have a WOW RF cam now, so CONGRATULATIONS!!

But STOP PLEASE !!!!!! I hear the forum's guy said marvelous things about yashica electro 35, and then I bought it. Razz

Now the best is the canonnet. Shocked

STOP, I'm out of order - 2008's money - from June. Sad

Pity, please. Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so Canonet is better than Yashica 35 ,relax Rhino! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Cosmin!
The Ql 17 is a smokin hot little camera.
I think you will love it. The only workaround will be a battery for it.
Pretty easy to deal with as you can use a 1.5 v and adjust the film speed up.
Just for the record. There is no optical difference between the ql17 and ql17 III.
The later has a battery check and a film advance confirmation.
Some sites speculate that canon changed the lens and it seems that is not true.
This camera is shutter priority automatic or full manual.
The meter does not work in manual mode.

Attila you should try yours. You will be shocked at the IQ from such a tiny camera. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will but I can't imagine better one than Yashica electro 35.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the fact alone that you can choose your own exposure (as opposed to Yashica where you are forced to accept the machine's choice), makes the Canonet a better camera in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, if you would, edit the thread title to read: Canonet GIII QL17, thanks! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call Bill
My Moderaters console is not turned on however.
Surely a temporary glitch I'll check back later.