Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeniton 135mm f3.5 telephoto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Zeniton 135mm f3.5 telephoto Reply with quote

I purchased this lens some years ago for $15 CAD. It is very compact and light. Its optical quality compares very well with the Pentax M135 f3.5 I have- a bit soft wide open but stopped down one stop it is very sharp. It has a multi-bladed diaphram that forms a very circular aperture. Single coated but a good lens hood seems to eliminate flare well. Any ideas who made it? thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to aboard! You have very famous nick name ! Any relation to authors of Gimp ? Unfortunately I have no clue.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks alot like my Tokyo Koki Tele Tokina 135mm 2,8.
It also have a really solid performance, except purple fringing in hard situations. And prone to flare. Sadly it have some relly big polishmarks on the front lens wich probably makes it worse.

Example photo from the lens wide open.

Ok sharpness with 100% crop

But terrible purple fringing. Again a 100% crop.

I still like it a lot
Here is finally a real life photo with the lens.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty nice one, even with purple ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to guess that this is made by whoever made your 200mm Hanimar. Probably not Tokina, though there are a lot of similarities.

Its not a Fujita, Sun or Komine either I think.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: hmm... Reply with quote

I wonder how many really different 135mm f/3.5 lenses with 12-blade manual aperture, two aperture rings and T2 mount exist. I guess they're all the same, but with different packaging.... See also this topic about my Hi-Q lens. I guess it's the same lens. Just as the INA, Prinzgalaxy and probably many others, all with different styling... Should be fun to compare them side-by-side Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I'm going to guess that this is made by whoever made your 200mm Hanimar. Probably not Tokina, though there are a lot of similarities.

Its not a Fujita, Sun or Komine either I think.

Probably Cosina or Chinon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosina, I have an identical one branded as Cosinon. Wink