Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repairing a Tamron Adaptall 2 SP 35-80mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Repairing a Tamron Adaptall 2 SP 35-80mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Hi, I have a SP 70-210mm f3.5 19AH and love the lens so decided to buy it smaller brother the 35-80mm (Being used on a Pentax K10D).
Anyway, I managed to find one in decent condition on Ebay and got it for a good price, mounted it on my camera and all was good.
Noticed a speck on the rear element so got my lens cloth and gave it a good wipe over and in the process a retaining (circular) piece came out with the cloth.
Now the lens is stuck at around 50mm and will not go any wider.

I would really like to keep this lens so does anyone know of a service manual or even better a repairer of lenses.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to aboard! This is quiet strange I had /have several copies from this lens, none of them has any trouble. Sorry for basic question:

Do you know this is not push - pull zoom ? You can set zoom with ring , same way than aperture it has two ring one for zoom, one for aperture.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome to aboard! Sorry for basic question:

Thanks

Attila wrote:

Do you know this is not push - pull zoom ? You can set zoom with ring , same way than aperture it has two ring one for zoom, one for aperture.

Yes I realise that, it is the second copy of the lens I have bought off Ebay, the first had to be returned due to a sticky iris.
It looks as though the tubing inside the rear element has come apart as I can see into the barrel of the lens from the rear.

Something seems to be catching the zoom mechanism as I zoom wide and I have this circular piece of plastic which came out with the cloth.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it, I am sorry about your trouble, unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No help here either.
I fixed only primes.
Throw a question here http://www.adaptall-2.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I'm sorry to read about your woes. That circular plastic ring came out of my lens too, in fact there are two of them. It's still wedged down the side of the seat in my car, totally unretrievable without taking out the seat! Smile I can't work out what the rings do, some sort of spacer I would guess. I didn't lose the barrel though, and the zoom isn't stuck, so I can't help you enormously except to tell you the lens seems to still function perfectly without the ring.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough I have recently had a copy of this lens "freeze" at about 50mm.
The tube you mention I did not have a problem with. The lens was mounted on the camera at the time and both rings just became stuck.
Another copy our fair William gave me as a gift works perfectly.

Question NO idea how to help but, happy to commiserate. Rolling Eyes

Welcome to the group! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, looks like it is a pretty frequent problem with this lens.
Now I am having to hunt out another as I really like what it can do. Crying or Very sad