Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Broom in bloom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Broom in bloom Reply with quote

Today I had a free hour and went out on the hills to photograph the blooming of the Spanish Broom (Spartium junceum).
The Spanish Broom is a Mediterranean heliophile plant, which means it loves direct sun and well drained soil, for this reason is often found on the south side of the hills, facing the mid-day sun. It is a plant native to most Italy, except for the colder areas. It grows wild even on the most difficult places, such as rocks or lava stone.
It blooms usually between May and June, but this years it came a bit early.

The photos have no artistic pretention, I just wanted to document the landscape as engraced by this beautiful flower whose presence announces the incoming Summer:

www.orio.ws/temp/broom/index.html

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Orio, I particulaly like the ones with some distant landscape to give it context like this _MG_3760.jpg I notice these images look warm (colour) I wonder if that is a indication of the warmer tones of the sun at that latitude?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
I notice these images look warm (colour) I wonder if that is a indication of the warmer tones of the sun at that latitude?

It was evening (after 7 P.M.) and the sun was rather low on the horizon, hence the warm tint. I am rather conservative about the white balance, I usually prefer to not correct, I prefer to keep the tint of the moment.
I usually only moderate the excesses.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos Orio. You almost convinced me to go on a country trip to shot some abandoned roads near my city. The vegetation there is almost similar but the destroyed asphalt will give apocalyptic feeling. Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really nice shots, Orio, with definitely some artistic value!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the lighting in these and the 3 road shots are the best!

Bill

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Broom in bloom Reply with quote

[quote="Orio"]... I just wanted to document the landscape as engraced by this beautiful flower ... [quote]

Success!
We are sad that we have no chance visiting Italy and the italian coast this year - for us the most beautiful country.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Broom in bloom Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

Success!

thanks Smile

Quote:
We are sad that we have no chance visiting Italy and the italian coast this year - for us the most beautiful country.

Well, I am not on the coast, but you and Yvonne can visit and stay here any time you like.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Broom in bloom Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Well, I am not on the coast ...

That's o.k. but this year impossible. Perhaps next one, if we have a chance to leave the kids half way by their grandparents. Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Broom in bloom Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Perhaps next one, if we have a chance to leave the kids half way by their grandparents. Very Happy
Michael

OK, you will have the privilege of meeting the Supercat, topmodel, house owner, group mascotte Melissa Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't you two flirt in private?

Sorry have just been dumped... Confused

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spkennedy3000 wrote:
Couldn't you two flirt in private?

There isn't anything said to me that my cat can not hear Razz

spkennedy3000 wrote:

Oh, sorry. Sad

But don't take it too hard... at my age, you will understand that love is only an apostrophe between the words "MANUAL" and "LENSES" Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

spkennedy3000 wrote:

Oh, sorry. Sad

But don't take it too hard... at my age, you will understand that love is only an apostrophe between the words "MANUAL" and "LENSES" Wink

*ooops*
I said nothing because I didn't understand the meaning of dumped. Stupid german, you know. Twisted Evil
Sorry to hear that...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man Italy is so beautiful Smile

Very nice shots Orio, you handled the yellow very well, there's no lost details in the flower leaves Smile

Tom

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colourfull shoots next time please put here at least one of them and link to the gallery. I am too fast reader sometimes I didn't find the link at the first time Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice colourfull shoots next time please put here at least one of them and link to the gallery. I am too fast reader sometimes I didn't find the link at the first time Embarassed

OK, good idea!

For now instead of the preview, here's a postview Razz

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio you are amusing!!
Yes time for new lenses!!