Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flowers? Me? O.k. - Sonnarflowers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Flowers? Me? O.k. - Sonnarflowers Reply with quote

After Yvonne saw what I was shooting she said: "Now it's obvious, you are getting old. Shooting flowers..." Very Happy O.k., she's right, not my kind of photography, and not hers. Hope I don't offend someone here. Just kidding, I made flower shoots before. Twisted Evil

The story is another one. Rollei HFT Sonnar 2.8/85 M42 (german version).This is not my lens (anymore) and I wanted to do some test shots before shipping it. Quick, without meaning and sense. But I'm absolutely fascinated of seeing the Zeiss-Effect for the first time in reality. Perhaps this is for me the "roundness", Orio described some time ago. And I am very happy about the idea that he will use this lens in the future. Very Happy

O.k., here are the images, some roses from our garden. Little bit USM after resizing. The crops are untouched, just processed from raw without sharpening or artificial flavours Very Happy Please regard - the shoots were made with full open aperture.

I tried to do this with one of my favourites, the Jupiter 9, using the same aperture. The results are not comparable regarding sharpness, contrast and colours.

Some crops 100% at f2.8 without sharpening:

Crop from an image shoot at f5.6:

Michael

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Zeiss these flowers are same on my screen than in the garden ! I want my Zeiss 85mm !!!!!! Mad

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, you did great for being a flowers novice! Wink

I am really envious of your garden! When one lives in a flat, he really misses one. I grew up in a house with a garden so I miss it even more. And so does my Melissa Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I am really envious of your garden! When one lives in a flat, he really misses one. I grew up in a house with a garden so I miss it even more. And so does my Melissa Crying or Very sad

I'm not sure about it. We are both no gardeners. It's more a grass-playground for our children with some flowers around. We love all of them at spring but we are not the first ones when it comes to real garden work. Perhaps when I'm really getting older... after retirement, if there is such a thing in the future and we don't have to work until death... Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

I'm not sure about it. We are both no gardeners. It's more a grass-playground for our children with some flowers around.
Michael

This is the way I like it. Wild. Not cultivated.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he he that sounds familiar, I do my gardening with a strimmer and hedge trimmer twice a year even if if doesn't need it!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Borges wrote:

I'm not sure about it. We are both no gardeners. It's more a grass-playground for our children with some flowers around.
Michael

This is the way I like it. Wild. Not cultivated.

Just like Orio, himself...I'm kidding. Laughing

Michael nice flowers..."a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

So Orio the Magnificent (Lorenzo was his ancestor*) is buying this lens
from you? Hummm.

Bill

*Somewhere back in time they changed the name from Medici to Menoni, I dunno. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

*Somewhere back in time they changed the name from Medici to Menoni, I dunno. Laughing

So you think I can advance my property rights on this?:

http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/musei/villacastello/

Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:

So you think I can advance my property rights on this?:

http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/musei/villacastello/

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Who knows? It might "grow legs" if you get a good enough lawyer! Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Who knows? It might "grow legs" if you get a good enough lawyer! Laughing
Bill

The lawyer will cost me more than the villa Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get a young hungry one that wants to make a name for himself! Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, back to Michael's shots...

I like them a lot. This must be fantastic lens. Too bad you wanted to sell it.
But as far as I know, it will be in good hands. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
OK, back to Michael's shots...

Yes!
Katastrofo is always distracting me! Wink

I think the most remarkable thing in Michael's first image, is the pink shadows within the white flower.
Ain't that delicious??
Wonderful subtlety of tones.