Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What do you make of this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: What do you make of this? Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It somehow reminds me of some graphical images of the 30s.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell whether it is one of Man Rays solarized nudes, or an unintended excess of HDR.

Sevo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It somehow reminds me of some graphical images of the 30s.

Interesting. It's an airbrush studie I made of a Bernini sculpture Smile The picture in the gallery with girls kissing on Pride-festival reminded me of this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
Hard to tell whether it is one of Man Rays solarized nudes, or an unintended excess of HDR.

Sevo

It's a photo of my painting of a sculpture, so I guess you could say it's layer on layer Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamara Lempicka
that's what it reminds me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't normally read this section of the forum and I've just found this thread. I immediately thought of Lempicka and then saw Orio's post ! There was a exhibition of her work at the Royal Academy (London) in 2004. I've just had another look at the catalogue. It's not quite Lempicka - and why should it be ? But it's certainly evocative of the period and I like it very much.