Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax G2 with Planar 2/35 [open thread]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Contax G2 with Planar 2/35 [open thread] Reply with quote

This is an "open thread" (not personal showcase). If you have this camera/lens combo, please feel free to add your pictures and experience of use. If you don't have it, you can add comments or questions or anything related.

I begin with saying that the G Planar 2/35 is my most recent lens acquisition and I am still getting to know it. I know it will not be as sharp as the 45mm but from the first shots it seems sharp enough and the extra width is useful

I add a few pictures now as a start, and I hope to add more in the future with better scanning quality (here edges are not ideal due to the weak edges of the duplicating lens):

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I think I love this lens. At least as long as you are shooting with it.
These shots have such a classic look to them.
I love still the most the tour boat. The boats moored is also a favorite.
Wonderful as always Orio. It looks like you had a nice time there Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have "rescanned" one of the slides, with much sharper results:

To see 100% crops of this, please go to:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,90190.html#90190

Long live Provia 100 and the Zeiss G Planar 2/35 !!
(and the indispensable Contax G!)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shot is taken with the Planar 35 wide open:

film is Sensia 200 expired (so I converted B&W)