Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sisters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Sisters Reply with quote

Had to make some pics at the local dog school!

Two litle sisters wanted also a picture made.

Guido

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Nice tones. The atmosphere in this pic is wonderful.
It seems to me that the left one is slightly out of focus. This indicates a very narrow DoF, since these two sisters stand pretty close.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, how sweet!!
This is why it's so wonderful to photograph children: they are not afraid of showing their feelings openly and spontaneously.

For this reason, I prefer here to have the younger sister on focus rather than both. She is the one who shows her love, so it feels correct that she is the main subject.

This photo reminds me of the one with the vietnamese little sister and her brother, same subject, posted here some days ago by... sorry, I can not remember!
They are both excellent children photos.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Carsten, my mistake, I should have rotated arround the children untill both their eyes were exact in focus.

A clasical example that only the focus plain is sharp and within the DOF things are more or less sharp.

Guido

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jigt wrote:
Yes Carsten, my mistake, I should have rotated arround the children untill both their eyes were exact in focus.

I respectfully disagree, I think that the photo is more touching the way it is. Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any daughters or little sisters and in England if you point a camera anywere in the direction of children you will be lynched. If my camera is in my hand or round my neck I keep well away from them. As for asking a parents permission. - A mouthful of abuse often upsets ones day.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, do not misunderstand me. My words were no criticism, just a "diagnosis". Wink

I like the picture a lot. And I think that is nice to have certain areas not in focus!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely make pictures of Children i Don't know.

But is you are known in a community this is no problem anymore.
I give the parrents the originals so they can have prints made.

On the other hands there is always a risk making street fotographs but thats the edge that makes it interesting.

There is a big Harley Davidson meeting here aénd I'm thinking on making Pics there.

Guido

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shot and beautiful children. In the US we have the same issues that Rob experiences around shooting kids. Not so much with the parents, who all love pics of their kids, but with officialdom.

I was taking some pics of my youngest daughter at a local swimming pool when an official questioned me rather severly about what I was doing. It was OK after I explained, but not until I explained.

Jules

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's also a well known issue here in Germany.
And actually, it is good when a society is aware of the dangers that doubtlessly exist.
Still everything can be exaggerated and overdone!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey, do not misunderstand me. My words were no criticism, just a "diagnosis".

I like the picture a lot. And I think that is nice to have certain areas not in focus!

No problem I had the same feeling about the picture!

Guido

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent capture! They are so cute!