Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Unusual lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: An Unusual lens Reply with quote

An unusual lens that is just labled "Minolta Lens"
This is straight from the camera no corrections at all Just downsized for screen. One of my usual test views. Potential?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use this "Minolta" lens at your K100D?
If yes, how did you do that?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use an optical adaptor? Because Minolta lenses have a very short register distance, they would only focus very close if used on your Pentax.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Did you use an optical adaptor? Because Minolta lenses have a very short register distance, they would only focus very close if used on your Pentax.

No it is on my old Minolta camera. I will try and do a few pictorial style images with it this afternoon and see what it can do. then I will be post you a link.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case Minoltas are reputed to be excellent lenses so chances are that your unknown lens is, at the least, a good one.
I always wished to have a manual focus Minolta lens, but unfortunately, I would not have a use for it, as I don't have a Minolta camera and the Minolta lenses are not useable on other reflex systems without losing infinity focus.

Besides, as far as I know, the manual Minolta lenses should not even be mountable on Minolta autofocus reflex - this should be the reason why they are sold so cheaply today in spite of their quality.
Actually, a Minolta manual system would be an excellent choice today for people wanting to start photographing with film. With a reasonable budget one could make a very good starters kit on Ebay.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks sharper in the center then in the edges.

Like you country side, must visit Swindon Next time in the UK.

Guido

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from the Minolta taken this afternoon
The bridge shot is the first I have seen with CA

The New and the Old

Bridge

Friends Dog

crop from dog photo

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The roses pic is just beautiful. The lens seems to have a smooth bokeh.

There is something strange to that flare I can see in the lower part of the bridge picture. I would even say it looks like those portrait lenses that were in fashion in the 70s... those where you have the possibility to defocus the image by adjusting one internal element via a knob or something... I remember one Nikkor lens with that feature... it costed a fortune, I couldn't even get near to it... I can't remember the technical name for that type of lenses, but the effect on the images was very much like the flare that is in the bridge image here.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The roses pic is just beautiful. The lens seems to have a smooth bokeh.

There is something strange to that flare I can see in the lower part of the bridge picture. I would even say it looks like those portrait lenses that were in fashion in the 70s... those where you have the possibility to defocus the image by adjusting one internal element via a knob or something... I remember one Nikkor lens with that feature... it costed a fortune, I couldn't even get near to it... I can't remember the technical name for that type of lenses, but the effect on the images was very much like the flare that is in the bridge image here.

I know what you mean. It is an odd reflection from the light. the sun was coming from down between the trees and it looks like all the angles added up right to get a some bright beams of light from the shallow water striking the lens. It was something I never noticed as I took the shot I just took saw it as bright spot. It is just one of those things that happens but it has effected the contrast and deatil around that spot, being a bit off the plane of focus may also have contributed.
I thought you would like the Rose

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last shot from yesterday.The Pentax fitted with the fantastic Tamron f2.5 105mm lens.
Ready to go