Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The New York Times 'discovers' MF lenses on DSLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: The New York Times 'discovers' MF lenses on DSLR Reply with quote

The story is initially told as if one person did it, but then goes on to mention that others are doing it too. A reasonable overview of the phenomenon, from a non-technical mainstream newspaper.

Vintage Lenses on Digital Cameras
By RUSS JUSKALIAN
Published: September 10, 2008

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the quote at the end. It's exactly how I feel too:

Quote:
“It’s more like the photography process that I was used to back in the day,” said Mr. McCully. “It slows me down and makes me think about what I’m shooting. And it’s more fun.”

I don't agree Sony is the least compatible brand of DSLR for MF lenses - that honour goes to Nikon in my book.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would mention our forum!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I wish they would mention our forum!

the author of the article get all infos in a post on FM for more than a week no thanks to all MFlenses members who also post on FM to not mention MFlenses

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have been nice, if the journo had spent time here, to have mentioned us - but he did produce a fairly balanced piece overall - as usual with journos, you can't expect 100% accuracy.
cogitech gets a mention too, I see.

I notice the number of new members over there has shot up a huge amount over the past two days.
Some will come this way (waves)... Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People seek Google , never mind if we are not there.