Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Ennagon 2.8/85 - °Flowers°
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: MC Ennagon 2.8/85 - °Flowers° Reply with quote

Hi!

Some more shots with my home made MC Ennagon 2.8/85:

Remember, this lens was built to be used in a slide projector!
This is what this set-up looks like:

The home-made lens is almost finished. It just needs some length adjustment to focus on infinity. I have glued a UV-filter glass inside the taking tube (rear end) to prevent dust and specks of paint falling into the camera body. This changed the ability to focus on infinity. I now have to shorten the lens tube a little...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful pictures!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: MC Ennagon 2.8/85 - °Flowers° Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Imagine "Carstenex" or "Carstenion" or "Carstion"... no, no, no!

Carsten, did you have this lens is mind when you made up these names? "Ennagon" doesn't do it justice - you ought to add a finishing touch and rename it. And then perhaps open a bottle of champers to launch it with! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! nice.

That looks like a very interesting project!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Carsten, all of three are just excellent! I could not pick a favorite. Composition, choice of DOF... all very good.

Out of curiosity, did you add a soft filter in post-pro to n.3, or is that pure bokeh?
Because if it's only bokeh, then I would say it's one of the best bokeh I ever saw from modern day lenses.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the feeling/flavor of the 3rd pic, but all are good!

BTW, good job with lens, looks right spiffy! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating colours and DOF - little pieces of art. I think 1 and 3 printed very huge would be looking very good on a white wall...

Michael

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, my friends!

@Peter: The champagne is no bad idea, although think I would rather choose a good single malt! Wink

@TDN: More about it here: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=748

@Orio: No, no filter, just f2.8 of a projector lens. Wink Not very pleasant highlight bokeh (as you can see in #2) but very nice "softness" elsewhere... Wink

@Bill: I agree, I also think that #3 is my favourite.

@Attila and Michael: Thanks! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Thanks a lot, my friends!

@Peter: The champagne is no bad idea, although think I would rather choose a good single malt! Wink

@TDN: More about it here: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=748

@Orio: No, no filter, just f2.8 of a projector lens. Wink Not very pleasant highlight bokeh (as you can see in #2) but very nice "softness" elsewhere... Wink

@Bill: I agree, I also think that #3 is my favourite.

@Attila and Michael: Thanks! Very Happy

Yes #3 is my favorite also and I agree on the Single Malt.

Jules